Viking Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove by today, and they had a new VI sitting out, looks like they added some tires/wheels to it, or just wheels, i didn't get out and look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I have a friend that works in the oil fields in North Dakota. They are chompn' at the bit to get one of these in. It's too much machine for me...but I think they look pretty cool, and are going to be very functional for the right crowd.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks like Swamp Lites mounted on those wheels. I would have gotten Terminators on mine from the dealership, but my dealer doesn't handle SuperATV products.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think its cool too, i mean, i dont need a crew model, but if i did, I'd get a Viking VI anyday over a Polaris product.

Reactions: Ultratec

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Give me 40 acres, and I'll turn that rig around...........

Reactions: Deshi

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably wouldn't hurt to have 4 wheel steering or be like a big front end loader with the articulating rearend

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The wheels are STI HD3's and the tires are swamplites....same exact setup im runnin

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it looks good on yours and that VI

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Thanks... Yea there was a dealer near me..millers polaris/yamaha got one in and sold it in 3 days

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hope Yamaha got smarter and put the locking differential on the rear of the machine and not on the front. If not, it will take 40 acres to turn that thing around. I am still smacking my head on the design of my Viking. Mine tears up my yard and gravel every time I make a tight turn. The engineers at Yamaha should have drove a Polaris before they designed the Viking.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ya mine tears my yard up to....sucks

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I miss the turf mode on my ranger that I had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
My brother just sold his ranger and got a rzr 4.... No turf mode on it surprisingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,571 Posts
I hope Yamaha got smarter and put the locking differential on the rear of the machine and not on the front. If not, it will take 40 acres to turn that thing around. I am still smacking my head on the design of my Viking. Mine tears up my yard and gravel every time I make a tight turn. The engineers at Yamaha should have drove a Polaris before they designed the Viking.
Yeah the rear diff is not a diff it's just a right angle drive and as such is permanently locked. It's cheaper for Yamaha to do that otherwise they'd have to put in a proper diff and electric locker, but yeah rips up everything as it is. It's also hard work on the tires when loaded and turning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts