Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my glasses at home today and can't see a **** thing. has anyone located on auxiliary switched 12v power source under the hood?

Thanks joe

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Are you talking about the 2 prong white plug? If so, yes, its not under the hood, its under the Dash, i could kinda see it, lookng up at the dash, from the wheel well. When we installed the Super ATV Power Steering kit, we had to use the 12v switched source plug, its under the dash plastic. Once we removed the front plastics, it was easily seen and out in the open.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
what are you trying to use it for?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Switched power lead for the winch

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Id have to look, but like i said theres one under the dash, and maybe there was one, if you look under the pass side wheel well, up around the top of the shock area, seems like maybe there was on there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Look under left wheelwell and follow the wires from the 12 volt plug on the dash. If you use the Warn winch from Yamaha there are plugs on the switch wire that comes with it that plug into the plugs from the 12 v. on the dash. I just reread this and I'M confused! Just find the wire under the wheelwell and you will be able to make your switch work.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did one better, I don't like to cut or splice factory wires. I unclipped the fuse block under the hood and found the 2 brown / stripe wire to be switched power. There was an empty socket on the bottom so I made a custom spade terminal and clipped it in with a 5 inch pigtail, now I have easy access to a switched 12v lead. I'll have photos when I'm done with all the projects.

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Good deal

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pics!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
If get you get down, probally on your knees, and look under the front drivers side wheeel well, and look back towards back of dash on the pass side of steering wheel area, you should be able to see a white empty plug sticking out, and thats where it is, and where i plugged my Power steering kit into.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tapped into the helmet light wire.

Reactions: Crookneck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like GNXGuy I don't like to cut factory wires,,,,,but I did, cut spliced and soldered a pigtail into the auxiliary power supply(cigarette lighter socket). Ran the pigtail up into the hood area and have a good power supply now.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
There are wire leads you can buy from Yamaha and you can put one inline with the 12V outlet and then you can tap into that....saves cutting wires - turns it into Plug-N-Play. Used them for all my extra lights and winch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
B767 do you happen to know what the PN is for the plug

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
5KM-86171-00-00

That should do it for you. $11.00 from Gearhead.com
^^ this is what I did with my winch. Real quick and easy. You get 2 12v switch leads out of it. All plug and play.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks B767 definitely the most reliable way to go.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If anyone wants to see the power lead you can buy from Yamaha, here it is.

You plug it inline with the 12V outlet and it gives you two power wires for your accessories.

This is the Yamaha part #: 5KM-86171-00-00

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts