Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the threads about where to mount a light bar, has anyone ever thought to mount it on a fixed windshield flush with the front edge of the roof? I was thinking a small to mid sized one mounted with isolating hardware would be nearly perfect. There would be no glare and it wouldn't be as exposed as the ones mounted on the roof.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Looks good!
If I do a light bar that's how I would do it

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks good. Does it blind you at all being right in front of the windshield or anything?

Why did you guys choose to mount it to the windshield instead of the roof?

·
Registered
42 Posts
52" Light Bar

With all the threads about where to mount a light bar, has anyone ever thought to mount it on a fixed windshield flush with the front edge of the roof? I was thinking a small to mid sized one mounted with isolating hardware would be nearly perfect. There would be no glare and it wouldn't be as exposed as the ones mounted on the roof.

You mean like this??? :nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Mounted mine on the lower part of the windshield. Works good, no glare

Reactions: aronsrb and buckg2

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It is an oem windshield. No gasket. Just drilled holes in the windshield and mounted it. The light has rubber feet on it and i put rubber washers then fender washers on the other side. Going to put a piece of rubber and flat steel behind it to make it more rigid and to prevent windshield from cracking but havnt got around to it yet

·
Registered
14 Posts
I mounted my 40" between the window and roof. Had to make some brackets but I think it will work out. I mounted two 4" on the cowl just in front of the windshield. Lights up pretty good. Now all I need is for the sun to go down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
It is an oem windshield. No gasket. Just drilled holes in the windshield and mounted it. The light has rubber feet on it and i put rubber washers then fender washers on the other side. Going to put a piece of rubber and flat steel behind it to make it more rigid and to prevent windshield from cracking but havnt got around to it yet
Isn't that weather stripping along the bottom edge?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Isn't that weather stripping along the bottom edge?
Yea, sorry. Its late and didnt read that right the first time. Thought you were asking about a gasket for the light bar (idk im really tired) lol. Yes it is automotive weatherstripping

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you wanted to remove the windshield, does the light bar have a quick disconnect plug?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yes it does. But i never take my windshield off. Ive had my viking for a year now and ive only had it folded down twice.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Yea, sorry. Its late and didnt read that right the first time. Thought you were asking about a gasket for the light bar (idk im really tired) lol. Yes it is automotive weatherstripping
You added the weather stripping...correct? Where did you get it? Thanks

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yes i did. Ordered it from NAPA auto parts store. I think it was around 20 bucks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I believe I got the same one as Casparis, Ameriseal #15800 .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you happen to remember the NAPA part number for the weather strip, or the type of weather strip? Is it stick on, or does it slide on windshield, can you post close up pic of it, thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts