Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what's the best lift kit for my viking? Are they hard to install and will it void my warranty? Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Superatv 2"lift is cheap, and it only took me about 20min.to install. No noticeable alignment issues, and still rides like stock. I did have to buy longer rear shock bolts. The two in the kit were too short, no big deal.

·
Registered
965 Posts
When I installed my super ATV lift I had no issues with bolts at all, in fact my kit came with two extras

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Hi Lifter 2" kit is also cheap and very easy to install.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
A lift also does nothing for terrainabilty wouldn't recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem is, these Vikings have a real issue with not being close to the advertised clearance of 11.8 inches....AND they seem to sag dramatically if you put the slightest amount of weight in the back. I have added 2 inches with 27" tires, and mine still has just under 11" of clearance. I did add a spray on liner and a spare tire.

Put the stock tires back on and mine is just under 9 inches of clearance. So...if I add a 3" lift kit, my axle angle will be right at what it was supposed to be stock. Of course this is if I'm sitting level and not bouncing down the trail.

Has anyone had any CV joint issues with the 3" lift?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I fully recommend the 2"lift kit to help with the shock sag. It does put your axel at more of an angle,(barely)but it is still within spec. It will do nothing to your A arms or ball joints. It obviously gives you more ground clearance for greater terrain ability over ruts,rocks,stumps,ect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts