Viking Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Viking is now registered in the state of Wisconsin for trail riding. Wisconsin now requires a license plate with your registration number to be mounted on the back of the vehicle. The plate is pretty much the same size as a motorcycle plate.
Does anyone else have to do this? If so where and how did you mount yours? Inquiring minds want to know..................

·
Registered
215 Posts
In Manitoba we also have to attach licence plates. I mounted it off the heat shield under the bed so it is tucked up out of the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Don't have to have plates on atvs in Tx. Can't even make it street legal

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Manitoba we also have to attach licence plates. I mounted it off the heat shield under the bed so it is tucked up out of the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That was my first thought on where to put it. Do you think it traps much heat from the exhaust under the vehicle? I don't know if you can tell but I am known to over analyze things. LOL

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't have to have plates on atvs in Tx. Can't even make it street legal
Do you think all of Texas is like that or just your area? Im from Illinois where we are not allowed to do anything that is considered fun. Texas to me always seems like a place where you can do cool stuff.
I have a good friend of mine that lives in AZ and with the right stuff Atv's and Utv's can be street legal. Maybe it's better off that its not like that here as I would probably have 100,000 miles on my Viking.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Do you think all of Texas is like that or just your area? Im from Illinois where we are not allowed to do anything that is considered fun. Texas to me always seems like a place where you can do cool stuff.
I have a good friend of mine that lives in AZ and with the right stuff Atv's and Utv's can be street legal. Maybe it's better off that its not like that here as I would probably have 100,000 miles on my Viking.
All of Texas I'm pretty sure. Stupid I think..

We called the Sheriffs office and State Troopers, nope not Legal!!

Stupid to me considering it would make the state more $$$, and most of all..... How's a motorcycle street legal, when a Viking or any s x s is a lot safer with roll cage, seat belts, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
in Arizona, we're required to have a horn ($15/ebay), a license plate light ($15 ebay) a side and center mirror ($40 ebay) as well as the plate ( sized as a motorcycle plate) to be street legal. its an easy and common sense mount under the bed,bolted off if the rear lower crossbar....

AND, thats why it's still the wild west. i started puking uncontrollably when jerry brown got reelected the last time and had to move to higher ground....not to rub it in of course :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a plate of mine that is the same size as a motorcycle plate. I used one of the roof bolts to hold it on.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
in Arizona, we're required to have a horn ($15/ebay), a license plate light ($15 ebay) a side and center mirror ($40 ebay) as well as the plate ( sized as a motorcycle plate) to be street legal. its an easy and common sense mount under the bed,bolted off if the rear lower crossbar....

AND, thats why it's still the wild west. i started puking uncontrollably when jerry brown got reelected the last time and had to move to higher ground....not to rub it in of course :)

Thanks for reminding me :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts