Viking Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone doing for a licence plate holder. Looking for ideas to where to mount my plate. I would like to get an actual mount for it. Here in Ontario Canada, you need to have it mounted. I would like to try and get away from just using tie straps. Where the best place to put it.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Saskatchewan, NO PLATES!
I use Well Nuts for lots of things on my Viking and Grizzly.
You could drill 4 holes and use them on tailgate.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Saskatchewan, NO PLATES!
I use Well Nuts for lots of things on my Viking and Grizzly.
You could drill 4 holes and use them on tailgate.

Not on topic at all but GO RIDERS!!!!!!!! I'm a Regina boy, born and raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Hey Gotta love them Riders.

·
Super Moderator
4,525 Posts
I just screwed mine directly to the plastic tailgate, seems to be ok although I'm supposed to have a light on the plate, which I haven't put on yet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think it looks better on the tailgate instead of the roof. It seems pretty annoying to have to install a light yourself. I wish that the Viking just came with a light and mounr already for a license plate. Seems like an oversight to me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it looks better on the tailgate instead of the roof. It seems pretty annoying to have to install a light yourself. I wish that the Viking just came with a light and mounr already for a license plate. Seems like an oversight to me.
I agree, they should put a plate holder on these side x side and atv's. I think I may try to put a motorcycle one on and mount it to the frame underneath the dump box where you would put the rear bumper/brush guard.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wanted a more obscure out of the way yet readable placement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Badger

·
Super Moderator
4,525 Posts
I probably won't worry about a number plate light, if I ever get picked for it I'll mount one on the blue plastic between the number plate and the tail light. That way it will be easy to wire straight into the tail light. I have to put indicators on too, which is a bigger hassle trying to install flasher cans and toggle switches. But you're right, it should come standard with these things as it already has brake, tail, reverse, and head lights.

·
Super Moderator
4,525 Posts
That's a good spot narrowsboy.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Since I moved the light mount up high, it made a natural mount point for the license plate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Narrowsboy, I like the moose under the plate! That is awesome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Whats everyone doing for a licence plate holder. Looking for ideas to where to mount my plate. I would like to get an actual mount for it. Here in Ontario Canada, you need to have it mounted. I would like to try and get away from just using tie straps. Where the best place to put it.
I mounted mine behind the driver side headrest. You have to drill another hole in the plate so the bolts line up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wanted a more obscure out of the way yet readable placement

Nice job. Thats what I want to do. Did you just bolt it to the frame. Did you drill holes. Hard to tell in that picture.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I drilled two 1/4" holes in the hear shield above the exhaust. I then put a small bend in the top 1/2" of the licence plate so it hangs straight down

Reactions: Badger
1 - 17 of 17 Posts