Viking Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I just finished installing the Sirius LED lights on my Viking. As usual everything from Motoalliance was good quality. I ordered a dash mount switch but decided to use the standard switch that came with it. I did order the 2 to 1 harness from them which made the install a little cleaner. I mounted the relay in the battery box across from the factory relays. I tried to make it as stock looking as possible. I also ran all the wires in plastic split loom for extra protection. This is it for mods for a while. Good thing it has been to cold for my wife to come out to my shop and see what I have been up to for the last few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Badger and aronsrb

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
very cool

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me see what I can do. I want to adjust the alignment while it's dark

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay here is the video of the LED lights installed from MotoAlliance. I have two 2" 5 watt flood lights. I was amazed at the lighting. It totally over powers the factory lighting. Absolutely sic
http://youtu.be/o17t3F-yVNs

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The are 2,200 lumens per light. Each light has four 5 watt LEDs for a total of 20 watts. They draw 1.1 amps per light. I am very happy with the purchase. They exceeded my expectations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just went to order the Sirius flood lights. My Viking is on order, so I can't measure the cage. Can you tell me which mounting clamps to choose (1.5, 1.75, 2.0)?

Thanks.
The side rails by the door is 2.0 the cross bars going right to left on the roof are 1.5 and the front bumper bar in between the headlights are 1.75

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Looks good....I too, was amazed at the light LED's put out! I have about the same Lumens (4800) from my 9" bar and like yourself I am very happy with it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Badger. I got them from Motoalliance. They had them posted on EBay at one point. Great product

·
Registered
60 Posts
Guys I just finished installing the Sirius LED lights on my Viking. As usual everything from Motoalliance was good quality. I ordered a dash mount switch but decided to use the standard switch that came with it. I did order the 2 to 1 harness from them which made the install a little cleaner. I mounted the relay in the battery box across from the factory relays. I tried to make it as stock looking as possible. I also ran all the wires in plastic split loom for extra protection. This is it for mods for a while. Good thing it has been to cold for my wife to come out to my shop and see what I have been up to for the last few weeks

Hey Narrowsboy

Looks like you used clamps ( extra $$) to mount to the factory bar. Could you not have mounted the lights to the Brush guard? I thought there were mount points on the brush guard? Just curious as MotoAlliance has a sale on now and I'm thinking about getting a couple. Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fhb. No extra clamp was needed. The Yamaha brush guard has mount holes for accessory lights. The LED lights from Motoalliance came with a mounting bolts. Installation was easy. The picture I took looking down is the clamps that hold the brush guard to the factory bumper. Check out the little video clip I did with the 20 watt lights
http://youtu.be/o17t3F-yVNs

Reactions: Fhb
1 - 18 of 18 Posts