Viking Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess I am joining the crowd on how to mount a 30 inch LED bar to the front without creating glare from a windshield. Can you give me more specifics of exactly how you mounted this? The driver to passenger roll bar is 1.5 inches in diameter but it is 8.5 inches from the front of the roof. How did you get an extension to get the LED light bar out that far? Lambo

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Let me know when you figure it out.

I went for maximum glare on mine. Mounted just underneath the roof visor. If you want maximum glare, mount yours the way I did it. The glare is amazing! Second to none.

Reactions: cactus

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
I went for maximum glare on mine. Mounted just underneath the roof visor. If you want maximum glare, mount yours the way I did it. The glare is amazing! Second to none.
Yeah but you wear your sunglasses at night, that's how cool you are! 🤣 🤣 🤣

The only way I think is to mount it above the roof, but then you have foliage issues.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Why not mount it on the windshield? Mine has been there 6 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Mounting on the windshield has proven to be a good location. I've seen several people do that successfully. I will likely do the same at some point.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yeah but you wear your sunglasses at night, that's how cool you are! 🤣 🤣 🤣

The only way I think is to mount it above the roof, but then you have foliage issues.
That's a great idea! Yep. Glare and sunglasses at night.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Get out the welder and extend the tube brackets out far enough to be just in front of the windshield so not glare. Down here in Az most of us run with the windshield down unless it gets cold. Mounting of the roof doesn't work here the brush and Palo Verde trees will take it off the first ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Yeah fair call, stick a photo up of your mount.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Yeah fair call, stick a photo up of your mount.
cactus, I didn't mount my lights that way, I used two spot/flood lights and mounted them behind the front brush bar. Had to weld up a cross bar to mount them too, solid as a rock. I looked at mounted them above the windshield but I already mounted a metal piece about the windshield to block the glare from the fold at the top of the windshield. One think I thought about was if you mount the light bar out on a long piece from the roll bar it will probably vibrate like a big dog. Yamaha didn't make it easy to add lights to these things. I wonder if their engineers ever went out a actually looked at a few of these after we dress'em up to actually work out in the bush.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts