Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Sorry its not close up... but I drilled down thru the roof and the roll bar and used long bolts and nuts to attach mine... Worked great.. If I remember Ill try and get some close up pics tonight

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

Mines not a close up either but i mounted mine to the windshield. Drilled right through the windshield and installed rubber washers and fender washers on it. Seems to be holding up just fine. And where i ran the wires down through the plastic i used a piece of pipe isulation foam and cut a notch all the way around it so it would stay in place. Had to carefully measure though to make sure the window would still fold and that the hood/battery cover would still be removeable

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Vendor
218 Posts
I'd love to see what you guys are up to as well. We are just starting to create the first custom lighting kits on the market with proper length wiring, clamps, etc. for our SIRIUS PRO lights found here: https://motoalliance.com/Site.Store.go?action=showCategoryContents&catId=221.

Our SIRIUS PRO was developed by our engineer, Scott, who has a patent in the automotive industry for this stuff. Top of the line lights for 60-70% less than the big names.....but same or better specs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
i am working on fabricating two flat bars that mount to the roll cage. To keep the light bar under the roof and pushed forward. There is another member here that did it. I can't remember his name.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
i am working on fabricating two flat bars that mount to the roll cage. To keep the light bar under the roof and pushed forward. There is another member here that did it. I can't remember his name.
That is exactly where I want to mount my 20" bar.. That would put it in front of the 17" mirror I'm putting in tonite..
Doesn't anyone make a mount for the cage that would push it down and out far enough to work?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the update and pics of the design buckg2. I am hopping to get them made up this week. Going to make them 6" long and 90 it down 1"

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sounds good. Just try to make sure the light bar finishes at least 3/8" away from windshield to keep it from hitting and rattling when the wind hits it on the trail. I also added a couple of rubber bumpers on the light

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I just have a short 'shield on mine, so that is one thing I don't have to worry about.. I just wanna make sure I make the arms long enough to reach out to the front edge of the roof.. I'll probably push up a bit on it like you did too..

Wish I could weld aluminum....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Sounds good. Just try to make sure the light bar finishes at least 3/8" away from windshield to keep it from hitting and rattling when the wind hits it on the trail. I also added a couple of rubber bumpers on the light
Hey Buck, if you get a free minute, would you let me know the distance from the back mounting bolt on the roll bar, to the stud on the end of the light?
My bar is going to have to be longer than yours.. I don't have the black mount off of the stud like you do..gonna put a twist in the bar, & run it all the way forward to the light.. at least thats the plan right now.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My 30" light and mounts
I like the billett aluminum look... it'd match the Axia mirror I'm putting in.. How long are those mounts? They look like one of the sets available on ebay.. total length just short of 6"?
does that put the light far enough forward for good function?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts