Viking Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a LED light bar inside the cab? I'm worried about hitting limbs if I but one on top. Would the glare be bad if I put a 30 inch bar either on or just in front of front roof bar inside the cab? Are the guys who mount on the roof using a bracket on the roll cage or just attaching to the plastic roof?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I made a bracket to mount mine on the roof. I run a windshield so there is no way I could run under the roof.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I made a bracket to mount mine on the roof. I run a windshield so there is no way I could run under the roof.

Same here...if you have a windshield, and you mount it under the roof, you are going to get a ton of glare.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who sells a bracket that will work on the Viking?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well look who's here!!!

SAD & I are on the same hunting site. By the way, I went to Lowe's and purchased a rubber mat....Back to topic.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a pic of the ones you made? What did you make the from? Are they working ok?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I drilled two hole on role bar and put some longer screws it a 50 inch u can see it in this video dont have any pixs right now check thread backyard mud pit

·
Registered
180 Posts
I used some aluminum 3/4 round stock, a flat piece of aluminum because the existing holes in the roll bar were not quite close enough for the 50" bar. I also needed a little more height.

·
Registered
344 Posts
found a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great- that's what I'm looking for.
Thanks for everyone's replies.

·
Registered
520 Posts
or you could do a custom windshield that comes flush with the led light bar. you would have to find a way to mount the lightbar right up in the front though

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well look who's here!!!

SAD & I are on the same hunting site. By the way, I went to Lowe's and purchased a rubber mat....Back to topic.
Yep. I've still got to get a mat to go under the bed and put padding behind seats. I put on a Silent Rider exhaust and dampening material under the seat.Has dropped noise at 20 mph from low 90's decibels to 84-85. My goal is around 80 decibels at 20mph- that would be a huge improvement over stock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I already got the PIAA mounts. This was an old post that got brought back up. I'm happy with the mounts and light. The stock headlights look pathetic when you hit the switch on the LED.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts