Viking Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to get the Viking to Not chew up my lawn when I have it at home? Short of street tires?

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
457 Posts
Nothing that I have ever heard of. I try to not make any sharp turns and go slow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think there was a solution but, I tried. I do love to see them chewing up the terrain when I am not on my lawn!

·
Super Moderator
4,404 Posts
We were talking about getting a 2nd hand front diff and replacing the rear diff with it years ago, that way you'd have a proper limited slip diff with a locker front and rear. It would be a bit of adapting but would work

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
OR buy a set of terminators and aerate your lawn!

Reactions: cactus and Sport4x4

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Even with fairly smooth tires you will need to make wide turns to prevent tearing things up and never ever drive on the grass when it is wet.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
457 Posts
Even with fairly smooth tires you will need to make wide turns to prevent tearing things up and never ever drive on the grass when it is wet.
Oh come on,....that's the best way to dig up worms to take the kids fishing 😆

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
We were talking about getting a 2nd hand front diff and replacing the rear diff with it years ago, that way you'd have a proper limited slip diff with a locker front and rear. It would be a bit of adapting but would work
Now if you took the front dif and installed it in the rear the pinion and ring gear would be running on the back of the teeth. I wonder if you use the front housing but use a modified rear pinion gear that would work with the locker. There is probably somebody out there that has done it.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
But don't forget about the locker gear pins the pivot on the housing gimble. ....I don't know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: cactus and Sport4x4

·
Super Moderator
4,404 Posts
Now if you took the front dif and installed it in the rear the pinion and ring gear would be running on the back of the teeth. I wonder if you use the front housing but use a modified rear pinion gear that would work with the locker. There is probably somebody out there that has done it.
Good point, I didn't think of that, I guess it would depend on which way each driveshaft currently turns, if you were lucky enough to have the front driveshaft turn one way and the rear the other it would work, I don't know how'd you go changing the oil though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts