Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with King to build some shocks not only for my Mad Viking Project, but also for the everyday machines (those being folks who don't need $3000 shocks). They still won't be inexpensive, roughly $1100 for non reservoir, $1600 for external/piggyback reservoirs.

$3000 will get something like the following, 12 - 13" of travel, IBP/Internal ByPass, and compression adjuster.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
My guy has been talking with king and he was telling me that they were pretty close to having theirs ready. I'm excited. Remote res, here I come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do you think that you really get your money's worth by spending that kind of money of suspension? I just wonder if you can really tell the difference between this suspension set-up and another that might cost a bit less.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If u REALLY use your unit. YES, u will notice a big difference.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Look cool, probably work well,, for those of you that can afford 25% of your vehicles cost for new shocks lol.... Still don't understand why Yamaha went with a non-adjustable on this beast

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey madviking, what's the part number of the shock that u r running

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I believe they are PR2508-COHR-Al with optional IBP, compression adjust, and finned reservoir. There is a 1" internal spacer to limit shock stroke to 7". King has suitable end eye adapters from other applications on the shelf.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks like they are direct bolt. Did u have to remake any mounts or was it plug and play.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nah. I want the adjustment of the bypass. Can u post some pics of what u had to modify on the mounts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm gonna have my guy call and get a price on them. I've been really surprised with how well the stockers have worked, so far. It might be the extra width I added helping out too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm finally getting around to fitting the shocks. In this picture, a clear tube is being utilized to inspect for proper bypass needle engagement. More pics soon...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts