Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with King to build some shocks not only for my Mad Viking Project, but also for the everyday machines (those being folks who don't need $3000 shocks). They still won't be inexpensive, roughly $1100 for non reservoir, $1600 for external/piggyback reservoirs.

$3000 will get something like the following, 12 - 13" of travel, IBP/Internal ByPass, and compression adjuster.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are most of the IBP and compression adjuster internals. The needle for the IBP and some of the small adjuster parts are not pictured.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
My guy has been talking with king and he was telling me that they were pretty close to having theirs ready. I'm excited. Remote res, here I come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do you think that you really get your money's worth by spending that kind of money of suspension? I just wonder if you can really tell the difference between this suspension set-up and another that might cost a bit less.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Look cool, probably work well,, for those of you that can afford 25% of your vehicles cost for new shocks lol.... Still don't understand why Yamaha went with a non-adjustable on this beast

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I believe they are PR2508-COHR-Al with optional IBP, compression adjust, and finned reservoir. There is a 1" internal spacer to limit shock stroke to 7". King has suitable end eye adapters from other applications on the shelf.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is just a mock up. For this shock to fit, all the upper mounts require relocation. The IBP option adds an inch or two to the length. There are 2.0" shocks that can be bolted in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm gonna have my guy call and get a price on them. I've been really surprised with how well the stockers have worked, so far. It might be the extra width I added helping out too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm finally getting around to fitting the shocks. In this picture, a clear tube is being utilized to inspect for proper bypass needle engagement. More pics soon...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts