Viking Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jackson Meadows, Weekend ride report This weekend ride report takes place in the Tahoe National Forest. Our staging area was at Jackson Meadow Reservoir. Located 17 miles west of the Little Truckee Summit on Highway 89. The area known for abundant recreational activities, especially it’s lakes. Also the area has extensive OHV/jeep trails. Located high in the sierras, it’s a popular place to escape the summer heat of the Central Valley, and Nevada Deserts. Of all the times I’ve been up here, I have never seen a crowd.
The OHV trails are pretty mild, except for a few rough sections.
Staging area,

Getting close to our fist stop at White Rock lake, Crusing by old growth pines

Arriving at White Rock Lake, Brother looking for fish

Another view of the Lake, it's at 8000 feet. The Crest of the Sierra's

High country cursing

Then on to Meadow's lake. The level low, make for some fun riding on the Beach,

at Meadow lake, there is an old Ghost Town site. It's also a popular place for jeep Jamborees

With the summer coming to an end, the Forest Service is getting ready to burn the extra foliage from thinning out the forest. Some of the piles are pretty impressive

One of the many lakes on this ride

Toward the top of the pass, behind a hidden gate we came across this cabin. I think it's a snow hut for winter skiers and snowmobilers. Has it's own lake. Pretty neat
The locked gate

The hutt

Private lake

More high country riding between lakes

Another lake

Cursing around Bowman Res.

This Probably the nicest lake, Milton Reservoir

Another shot by the lake

That's pretty much it for this weekend, Hope to update the ride report next weekend. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Wow. The scenery is the only thing I miss from California. Awesome pics.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im in Sacramento area and would like to do some trail riding up there. How do you get there from Sacramento? Would like to get with other Viking owners in the area and do a trail ride somewhere. I pm'd you about Jackson Meadows also.
Cant wait for the snow. They are a blast in it.. Anyone else in the area?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Geez... I'm jealous... unbelievably pretty up there. If it would have been me, I'd have had a rod out up at the lake. I don't think it'd get too much better than a day like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts