Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a 2014 black tactical Viking Se. $13,149 + 4yr warranty $600 + 15% off accessories = total price $13,749 otd. Im up in alaska and we don't have any sale tax up here as well.

I have been reading on the forum for the past few days and this is the best I could manage. This is negotiating with one of the owners. What do you guys think? I'll be purchasing it tomorrow if you guys think the deal is right. Hopefully another dealership calls me back tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sounds real good to me

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to call another dealership on lunch. I'm pretty sure 13,149 was OTD since he said he gave me a discount of the shipping fees.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sounds like a great price to me, being a SE, 48 month warranty, and the discount on accessories. Good luck, keep us updated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The price he gave me is almost OTD price. He said there us $125 freight/setup fee they charge. He told me it was $625 for that when I first walked in the door last week but he discounted that $500.

So it's more like 13,274 + all the other stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Still pretty decent i think, I got the first Viking my dealer got in, back in early August of last year, they wouldn't go down in price, so i paid msrp+ 800 something for the 48 month warranty, and some accessories. i paid full price for. So your getting a good price i think, saving at least 200 or so on the warranty over what i paid for it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I couldn't get him to budge anymore. He said if I don't buy it someone will since they have sold a ton of them.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yea I couldn't get him to budge anymore. He said if I don't buy it someone will since they have sold a ton of them.
Yeah, may be a line of bull, or could be true, my dealer doesn't keep the Vikings around long when they get them in.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would assume that the Viking would be popular in Alaska and I also bet that there is a little bit more fees in transport to ship them all the way up there. Given that, sounds like you are getting a pretty fair deal. I don't think you would be able to get something any better if you kept looking.

·
Registered
290 Posts
well i have to figure if you plan on farkling your Viking that 15% off OEM accessories is going to add up to a good chunk of savings down the line...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another dealership 1hr away gave me the exact same deal except $150 more and no free delivery. He said im getting a good deal.

With no sales tax I save a good amount. I tried getting it for $12.5 but he said that is below cost:) gotta start low.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just got a Camo EPS here in Texas about 10 days ago for $12,987 OTD with no extended warranty or discount on accessories. Your deal sounds fair to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got the last one at my dealer's. He has sold all he's gotten in. I paid MSRP, but no set up or delivery fees. He gave me 10% off of accessories and delivered it. I have about six hours of "around the farm" work on it. I have enjoyed it. I am awaiting a bolt on silencer (my only complaint, but I knew what I was getting.)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got my blue eps with roof,foldable windshield. rear window, 3500 warn winch, and the extended warranty for 14300 OTD! Seemed like a good price to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put my down payment, just have to finish the loan papers on lunch. They have to finish assembling mine so I should have it Thursday.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I put my down payment, just have to finish the loan papers on lunch. They have to finish assembling mine so I should have it Thursday.

Congrads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The first deal since the dealer is 3min from my house and they'll drop it off for free. Thr bank has been fumbling around with my paperwork past few days. I was going on my lunch to finish up and now they said theyre backed up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts