Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a head up to those thinking about installing Ricochet bash plates.

It real easy to drill a hole thru the radiator hose. (hose from the oil cooler to mainline radiator. #11 on Yamaha microfiche). The area in question is on the rear aluminum bash plate, forward hole, drivers side . The hose is routed thru the same area where you drill for sheet metal clamps.

Don’t think I’m the only person whom did it. The hose is back ordered till June. Till then my baby is just sitting there waiting for her new part.

As for the Ricochet bash plate, I’m very satisfied with the product. It’s way to rocky here in Nevada to be without any protection. Just wish there was UHMW option.

Stay tuned, ride reports coming. Love my Viking!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Can you cut the hose at the hole and put a splice in it? A piece of tubing the proper diameter and a couple hose clamps might get you going again!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you cut the hose at the hole and put a splice in it? A piece of tubing the proper diameter and a couple hose clamps might get you going again!
I could do that, but would prefer to replace the hose. (just want to have that piece of mind, and not worry about the splice coming undone) Additionally, It’s a bit of a job to change it out. Requires taking off the diver side panels, and oil filter to replace. Only want to do it once.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could do that, but would prefer to replace the hose. (just want to have that piece of mind, and not worry about the splice coming undone) Additionally, It’s a bit of a job to change it out. Requires taking off the diver side panels, and oil filter to replace. Only want to do it once.
Update, got the hose today, gotta love RockyMtn ATV, stay tune for ride reports

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Update, got the hose today, gotta love RockyMtn ATV, stay tune for ride reports

Yes you do, there awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the hose on, what a PIA. Took 3 hours till finally sorted it out.(have to work the hose from the acess hole forward of the oil cooler, and hope it aligns to the oil cooler pump attachment. pretty difficult)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts