Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the OEM cargo box this weekend and want to do the Kolpin rear window next, However, I need a measurement...because it's going to be VERY tight.

When I tilt the bed, the cargo box comes within 1/4 inch of the lower-middle seatbelt clip mount. It also comes within 3/4 inch of the bottom of the middle headrest. Can someone, with the Kolpin window, please check to see how close the window is to those two spots? I could always modify the cargo box mounts, and move the box back a bit...but that would be a pain. To work as is, the window pretty much needs to be touching at the seat belt mount.

As far as the box itself goes: It's pretty nice, seems sturdy and water tight...and doesn't take up too much room in the bed. You do need the factory accessory mount for it, which I believe should be standard on the Viking anyways...but whatever. At least that part is not too pricey and is an easy install.

Thanks for the help,
M-N-T

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Nobody has it yet, that I'm aware of

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke with Kolpin this morning...and they indicated that they did not have an OEM cargo box when they designed their rear window. So, was told it "may" work and it "may not." They were going to check with engineering to see if anyone there had any answers.

Also spoke with a rep at UTV Headquarters and they were very interested in what I was describing. I guess the Owner has actually purchased a Viking, and has the OEM rear cargo box in it as well...but had not yet installed the Kolpin window. I guess their Viking has been all over the place...as several manufactures have been measuring and fabricating stuff. He told me that they were planning on offering tons of stuff for the Viking, but that they haven't had it around much because everyone needs to see it for future accessories. He also told me that "if" the Kolpin window did not work with the cargo box...they would come up with a product that will.

I like the comment...."planning on offering tons of stuff!"

M-N-T

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Great info there, UTV HQ is awesome, thats where i got my Windshield, they are great to deal with. Ive got the Yamaha Rear window on mine, I bought some material to cover up the gap from under the roof down to the window, i think the Kolpin is the same, doesnt go up to the roof, so im not sure, but if there's a gap, couldn't dust come up between the rear windwo and roof? But soon as we fix the gap, i dont think dust should be much of an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received a return call from an engineer at Kolpin and was assured that this window WILL work with the OEM cargo box. He could tell I was still a little "iffy" on it, so he offered to make me a helluva deal on one if I were to post my findings on this site.

It's on it's way...I can always send it back.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Awesome Congrads!! Post pics!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts