Viking Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the hot rod sheave with 16gram OD weights and purple spring and it’ll run but sounds like it’s in a bind and won’t go over 30mph. I watched the YouTube video on how to install it that JBS put up and followed everything step by step. I might’ve put the belt on backwards by accident but I’m not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Kodiak 700 and also put a machined sheave in...from Coop45, and did Grizzly 18g weights and Purple spring. Sounds like what your experiencing is one or two of your weights flipped out of the channel when you re-installed the sheave. This happens a lot to guys working on Kodiak's & Grizzlies. Take it back apart and make sure they are sitting in the channels properly. A trick I use to make sure there is constant pressure on the primary cam plate aginst the roller weights so they can't move is I use 3 pieces of a old garden hose about 3" long wedged between the sheave and cam plate until I have the shaft nut torqued down. The first time I took mine apart I had your same problem, guttless, felt like no power; I had 2 roller weights out of their channel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts