Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if or when Yamaha or the aftermarket will be coming out with a inner fender guard to prevent branches and small trees to come through the foot wells and into the cabin area? My Rhino had these and it saved my wife a few times.
Has anybody seen these for the Viking yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was having the same thought but more concerned about getting something into the radiator or brake master cylinder. They are pretty exposed!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I never thought of those yet. Wanna get the wife and boy protected first. But that being said, it'd be nice if they or somebody came out with the same guards as the Rhino has. I know it had guards for the master cylinder and overflow tank.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll build my own first and then pitch it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is this something that would be easy to DIY? Or would it be complicated enough that you should buy from a professional manufacturer instead? I imagine that all you have to do is bolt on a think plastic sheet that is the right shape and size.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could fab it up. It should be made of steel. I've personally seen a 3" tree limb come through the passenger wheel well and stick into the back rest of the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'll build my own first and then pitch it.
I could fab it up. It should be made of steel. I've personally seen a 3" tree limb come through the passenger wheel well and stick into the back rest of the seat.

If you could do that it will be awesome!
How long do you think it will take till we see pictures of it?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm super swamped at work but within the next couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
What about aluminum checker plate? A little lighter than steel and would bend to shape a bit better.
Just a thought?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking that too. Either 1/8 steel sheet or 1/4 aluminum checker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts