Viking Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here. I am not sure if this is right spot but I just installed a new inferno heater in my 2020 Viking. When I installed it I clamped off the hoses before I made the cuts into the coolant lines and I left off the top hose in heater core ran the Viking until I had coolant flow out the port then put everything together. I did bleed the system ( ran engine for some time and took it for a ride come back and take off radiator stopper and top up coolant) I do get heat out of my heater but it takes longer then it should I am thinking I still have air in system. I emailed the company that makes the heater and they told me to try pinching off the top rad hose to force coolant up through heater core but when I look at the radiator both hoses are at same level in radiator how can I tell which one is the upper hose ?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I can't look at it right now but I think one of them is slightly higher than the other, but not like in an old car with one at the top and one at the bottom. Looking back at the post of my Summit Racing Heater install, I think the Driver's side hose comes from the water pump with the return on the Passenger side.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello I am new here. I am not sure if this is right spot but I just installed a new inferno heater in my 2020 Viking. When I installed it I clamped off the hoses before I made the cuts into the coolant lines and I left off the top hose in heater core ran the Viking until I had coolant flow out the port then put everything together. I did bleed the system ( ran engine for some time and took it for a ride come back and take off radiator stopper and top up coolant) I do get heat out of my heater but it takes longer then it should I am thinking I still have air in system. I emailed the company that makes the heater and they told me to try pinching off the top rad hose to force coolant up through heater core but when I look at the radiator both hoses are at same level in radiator how can I tell which one is the upper hose ?
my heater takes about 15 minutes to heat up at first start,leaving machine idling with cap off, or park machine with front end higher than the back helps getting air out of the system..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts