Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 viking with the original 25x8-12 tires on the front and 25x10-12 tires on the back. I just installed a 1 1/2 inch lift kit on it just to give me a little more clearance when i'm hunting. I want to buy a new set of tire and rims that won't break the bank. I'm thinking going to 27 inch tires. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Down here in AZ the first thing guys do is take off the OEM wheels and tires and go bigger, so there is no end to the deals you can get on full sets of like new tires and wheels. I picked up a set of 28x10x14 Mongrels on SS wheels for $400. The tires were about 75% and will last me a year or so, I didn't want to go bigger than 28's don't want to do a clutch just yet. The larger tires and wheels made a land of difference to the machine, looks completely different and will go almost anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
4,132 Posts
As above if you're going to make the change go to 28's, any bigger and you'll most likely have to do a clutch upgrade.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
What do you ride on? Hard pack, mud, rocks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's pretty much my hunting ride. I ride on mountain roads that can be muddy, snow packed, or dry.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
My suggestion is 9" or 10" x 28" Zillas all around. You can probably use your stock rims to save money. They work well in mud and snow and are light. Not good for paved roads though. Asphalt is tough on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the market for my first sxs...ive been riding a 4wd quad an a enduro bike for many years...im not a fan of Polaris...i had my eye on the Teyrex but cab noise pushed me away...im stuck between the Viking an the Wolverine...we mainly trail ride in the back hills of Kentucky....the Viking brings back memories of my Samurai...not fast but very capable...ok ...my ? Is out of the Viking am Wolverine ...is the cheapest,fastest,most capable on nasty muddy trails hill climbs..an smoothest ...as well can noise ....Thankyou !

·
Registered
4 Posts
So many different clutch kits ....what are you rumming in your Vikings ...im definitely gonna be running taller tires

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Do the Vikings have good take off ...acceleration for blazzing thru the trails ?
IMHO the Viking is not a hot rod, not built to be one, I'm running 28x10x14 mongrels all around, have stock clutch and use low gear almost all the time. My top speed is hitting 50 mph WFO. We ride some really nasty trails here in Arizona rock and sand, did I mention rocks? Have had this thing almost straight up climbing some of these places. So far the only issue I'm had was the POS fan which I just had replace under warranty.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm in the market for my first sxs...ive been riding a 4wd quad an a enduro bike for many years...im not a fan of Polaris...i had my eye on the Teyrex but cab noise pushed me away...im stuck between the Viking an the Wolverine...we mainly trail ride in the back hills of Kentucky....the Viking brings back memories of my Samurai...not fast but very capable...ok ...my ? Is out of the Viking am Wolverine ...is the cheapest,fastest,most capable on nasty muddy trails hill climbs..an smoothest ...as well can noise ....Thankyou !
the new wolverine is a lot quieter and more power and now has the tipping box and nice high back seats etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts