Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Viking People.

Just took my brand new Viking out last weekend...really dig it. Outgrew my 06 Rhino since my boys are starting to get BIG.

I do see some common topics...know these have been beaten to death on this forum, but it appears there is a heat issue that you have figured out to solve. Any chance someone could hold my hand on resolving that? I am in TX and it gets hot here.

Also, I see that some of you have made your Viking more quiet...appears that some of this was DIY materials and there may be a muffler silencer you believe in.

Many Thx
1Dukedog

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Hey there, welcome from another Texan. I did the DIY sound proofing, aswell as the exhaust silencer, and the heat shield/exhaust wrap.

I got the silencer here:
Yamaha ATV Quiet Mufflers

Exhaust wrap i got on eBay, but i couldnt find the exact place i got mine on there anymore, but you still find others there, i got a 50" roll, 2" wide i believe, and it came with a several Stainless zip ties

We made our own heat shield out of Aluminum.

Read this thread to see where to get the sound proof materials:

http://www.vikingforum.org/forum/ya...38-how-make-your-viking-much-quieter-diy.html

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Welcome 1Dukedog....I just responded to your PM with a bunch of info and links. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. The Folks on here are a great bunch, and help is always available!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts