Viking Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
A while back, the best most were doing on all the models was $1000 under MSRP out the door. Some also got them to throw in some extended warranty time thrown in as well. Since the black hasn't been out for long, they might be holding pretty tight on those?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Canada your 18k OTD...plus 1000 yamabucks!!!
Ya, I just got that price... THey are insane.. I just got a price from a US dealer for 12800 otd... I am buying mine over there. Even with the exchange rate, its still cheaper.

The 18,000 means you are paying more then msrp cdn because they are charging you 900 for shipping... Total BS....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do your homework on the deal out of the states. Yamaha dealers needs proof of residence and a US address. If not Corporate Yamaha threatens to pull their dealer licence. They know the mrsp is different and that capable people will cross boarder shop. I went down this road last year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do your homework on the deal out of the states. Yamaha dealers needs proof of residence and a US address. If not Corporate Yamaha threatens to pull their dealer licence. They know the mrsp is different and that capable people will cross boarder shop. I went down this road last year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I already have that taken care of. Its not my first walk in the park with Yamaha or any of the other oem's on buying sleds or ATV's and bringing them back into Canada.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had mine on order since I saw the press release and begged the dealer weekly for status updates. So, I was not in much of a position to negotiate. :)

I must say, though, I showed them some of the comments here and they gave me a bunch of stuff that I would have paid for (two gas cans, nice tie downs, a couple jerseys, a big cargo bag).

Even better, the whole transaction literally took less than 15 minutes. Pleased with my experience.

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
854 Posts
I had mine on order since I saw the press release and begged the dealer weekly for status updates. So, I was not in much of a position to negotiate. :)

I must say, though, I showed them some of the comments here and they gave me a bunch of stuff that I would have paid for (two gas cans, nice tie downs, a couple jerseys, a big cargo bag).

Even better, the whole transaction literally took less than 15 minutes. Pleased with my experience.

Sent from my iPad
The downside of being an extra early adopter! It's why I try to wait if I can, which at times with a great product like this isn't easy

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my Black Viking a couple of weeks ago... It has the upgraded wheel package, fender flares and mud flaps... Some of the information that I read said that there were bed rails for accessories but mine did not come with any... I put on the Yamaha folding widshield... We put on some miles this past weekend and it was great! The squeaky brakes are annoying and I need to get a Hushpower muffler...
We are very happy with the purchase! Happy trails...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ya, I just got that price... THey are insane.. I just got a price from a US dealer for 12800 otd... I am buying mine over there. Even with the exchange rate, its still cheaper.

The 18,000 means you are paying more then msrp cdn because they are charging you 900 for shipping... Total BS....

where did you get that price of 12800, out the door?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I got my Black Viking a couple of weeks ago... It has the upgraded wheel package, fender flares and mud flaps... Some of the information that I read said that there were bed rails for accessories but mine did not come with any... I put on the Yamaha folding widshield... We put on some miles this past weekend and it was great! The squeaky brakes are annoying and I need to get a Hushpower muffler...
We are very happy with the purchase! Happy trails...
Ya you should have got the bed rail and the under seat storage box.

This what was on this other site..

The new Tactical Black Viking EPS 4x4 boasts all of the category-leading features of Yamaha’s standard Viking SxS plus molded sun top, overfenders, mud flaps, an under-seat storage box, bed rail accessory mounts and exclusive black cast aluminum wheels.

The US Yamaha web site says this

The Viking EPS Special Edition boasts a rugged and eye-catching tactical black color and graphic scheme. In addition, dealer-installed accessories help to elevate the comfort, convenience and overall appeal of the vehicle, including hard sun top, black cast aluminum wheels, overfenders, and mud flaps.

Yamaha Canada

What's in a Viking SE? On top of all the solid features of the base model like Electric Power Steering, 3 person seating and rock-solid reliability, you'll get a suntop, full cast aluminum wheels, sealed underseat storage, mudflaps, over fenders, multi-mount cargo bed bracket and painted fenders. It's the most capable, and stylish, side by side we've ever released.

So I am confused on the accessories.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts