·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
cost is about 63.00 , rubber stall mat from tractor supply. bottom is 3/4" thick, sides and front is 1/4 thick . this reduces the engine noise greatly from the steel bed as it comes from Yamaha. after this install noise is no longer a major issue for me.
this is the link for the rubber mats if you are interested.

Rubber Horse Stall Mat, 4 ft. x 6 ft. - Tractor Supply Co.

RB Rubber Multi-Mat Rolled Rubber, 1/4 in. Thick, Sold by the Foot - Tractor Supply Co.

the top trim is made from scrap aluminum we had around our race shop, and a handful of 3/16 big head rivets. We have a sheet metal brake so this didn't cost anything.

We are really pleased with the noise reduction and the rubber has lots of grip so items placed in the bed are no longer sliding from side to side banging on the steel bed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good work. And the dog will like it much better now too (if you have one!):D

For the tow hooks did you have to re-drill holes or? Yikes that 4x6 mat weighs 100lbs! How much weight do ya think this adds to the bed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
not sure about the weight , you don't use nowhere near all the mat, you have to buy the 6' to cover the width of the bed. . I notched out the mat around the tie downs.

Noise reduction by far out weighs the mat.

I was really surprised at the difference.

·
Registered
60 Posts
not sure about the weight , you don't use nowhere near all the mat, you have to buy the 6' to cover the width of the bed. . I notched out the mat around the tie downs.

Noise reduction by far out weighs the mat.

I was really surprised at the difference.
Full agree with you on the noise reduction benefit. I think I'll do something similar to achieve the same result. What did you use to cut the mat with?

Would you be able to show a couple pics from the top and side views (close ups) as well? I want to see how you capped off the sides and front with your aluminum pieces.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cut with a box cutter. The aluminum is .040 folded so there is no sharp edges. I used a bead of silicone on the raised panels of the sides and the front of the bed to stick the mat to. the bottom is not attached to the bed so it can be removed if you ever need to clean out under it .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts