Viking Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'm running Bandit shocks, I'm not say,blaming their design, I'm saying you can't have plush ride and stiff suspension at the same time. I'll mess with compression a little more and see if that helps. I'm just saying I've cut donuts hundreds times in the past and never had it close to rolling. It's just seemed like the driver side shocks just compressed to easy and over it went like right now!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'm running Bandit shocks, I'm not say,blaming their design, I'm saying you can't have plush ride and stiff suspension at the same time. I'll mess with compression a little more and see if that helps. I'm just saying I've cut donuts hundreds times in the past and never had it close to rolling. It's just seemed like the driver side shocks just compressed to easy and over it went like right now!

I'm sure compression could help that.. wonder which springs would be better for those of us that like to get sideways.. standard, or progressive?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
On my Bandits I removed the progressive 320lb rear springs and replaced with 320lb linear springs. Got rid of a bit of plush because I wanted it more predictable (stiffer). Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mjn

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
I'll trade you my teryx and stock shocks even up.

Sent from the top of Poop Mountain

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
On my Bandits I removed the progressive 320lb rear springs and replaced with 320lb linear springs. Got rid of a bit of plush because I wanted it more predictable (stiffer). Cheers

Was it a noticeable difference? I see how you ride.. while I don't when my wife is along, I like to rip when I'm by myself. The stock shocks are not very compliant, but they are predictable.. the machine stays fairly flat.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Was it a noticeable difference? I see how you ride.. while I don't when my wife is along, I like to rip when I'm by myself. The stock shocks are not very compliant, but they are predictable.. the machine stays fairly flat.

Much better with the linear springs for me, I also upped the 125psi of nitrogen in the shocks to 150psi. The bandits can take between 125psi - 175psi. Cheers

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I met with the adjuster and it looks like ole red is totalled! Decisions, decisions. I may have a bunch of parts for sale, or buy it back from the insurance company and piece it back together. Orrrrrr buy a YXZ.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
I met with the adjuster and it looks like ole red is totalled! Decisions, decisions. I may have a bunch of parts for sale, or buy it back from the insurance company and piece it back together. Orrrrrr buy a YXZ.
YXZ and a trailer!

·
Registered
298 Posts
What the #!$! is it with the red ones, lol?

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
No one asks me to haul their beer for them anymore. Seems I have a bit of a reputation for letting the apple crown be my copilot. Regal Apple take the wheel, lol.

Attachments

Reactions: buckg2

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I have a tractor that I do most of my work with now, so other than plowing I really haven't been working the viking much. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Lol

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

just what you need when your drinking mooshine, a buggy that goes 100 mph and you have to manually have to shift it. lol
just kiddin bro! my vote is for a yxz..... BUT NOT THE RED ONE!!!!!

Reactions: mjn

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
just what you need when your drinking mooshine, a buggy that goes 100 mph and you have to manually have to shift it. lol
just kiddin bro! my vote is for a yxz..... BUT NOT THE RED ONE!!!!!
I'm thinking I don't need one either, lol. But just in case I do, I got my eyes on an orange one. And I think the recluse is for us drunk shifting ********. And besides we need some activity on the YXZ forum here.:)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
o yea, with a recluse youll be fine! i say get one!!!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
A recluse?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Just got the deal worked out with adjuster. I get to keep it with clean title and he is cutting me a check for 7k. I can tweak the roll bar back. Square the metal bed back up, buy a head light assembly, and a taillight and be good to go. Cut the windshield done a bit and reinforce with a metal rail at the top. Now what to do with the $6500??????????

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Reactions: bd_skrillz
41 - 60 of 90 Posts