Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all has a high lifter 2 inch lift? How do you like it? Mine came in today and it should be installed by the end of the week. I have 29's and was getting some rub on turns and in holes. Hopefully this will take care of that. Any one know if it will void the warrany?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed a highlifter 2 inch kit last year, I have put almost 1000 miles with it installed no problems. I am rolling on 30's no rubbing issues. It took about an hour to install. I actually ended up with about 4 inches of lift. I am not sure about warranty. I've had my machine almost a year and a half so haven't had warranty in a while. the only thing that I noticed is that it narrowed the machine up by bringing the tires more underneath it, I drove it like that for a while but I diddn't like the way it looked so I put 1.5 inch wheel spacers on it. GOOD LUCK BUB

·
Registered
139 Posts
What brand wheel spacers and where did you get them? I am going to add the same lift on mine, do you have any pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Any one have a picture of their highlifter lift on a VI. I need a pic of the rear mount. I am way off from landing my shock. I would have to stand in the hub to force it in and that feels wrong?

·
Registered
850 Posts

Hope that helps. Keep all bolts loose. Gonna have to pull down on it a bit it's tight
Just thought of something. If your jacking up one side at a time the sway bar may be keeping it from flexing all the way down. If so try jacking whole back end up and it should go on with ease

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
It seems like if i do get it to land into position i am going to be putting a ton of stress on everything. i didn't try the sway bar trick, were you able to re attach the sway bar once it was attached. I was also curious if guys were adding limiter straps to theses kits? I see them on the suspension lifts.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
sweet i will try that i was getting ready to send it back thinking that perhaps it would't work with a 2016 VI. I am a little concerned that it seems like the axles are getting pulled to their max, but it sounds like there hasn't really been any issues with that.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
will do i actually pulled the front off thinking it was a failed attempt so tomorrow i will try again:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got a highlifter kit on mine took the sway bar off, been on for about a year no problems so far

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I installed it last night and didn't like the angle it was putting my axel in. My springs were hard in to the a arms. I ended up with 4 1/2" before sag way to tall for where I will be riding. I will be sending mine back.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Topshelf,go ride it a bit before you send it back. The springs are gonna settle.

Sent using my 2 fat thumbs and modern technology.
Smoke I might keep it for a while and see but i pulled it off and went back to stock for now i actually like the look better with my 28's and where i hunt the is a few sections that i have to side hill for a ways and it could be real harry if i was any taller. i am sitting at 13" clearance now we will see how much it sags. i am thinking i might try to go catvos next year or radflow. I will post a pic today when we get back and you guys can tell me what you think.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts