Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was checking my air filter i looked back toward the engine and noticed some oil staining on the block its not enough to be leaking on the floor but its accumelated on the skid pan. if your looking at the motor from the air box side just left of where the shaft exits the motor hard to pin point where exactly its coming from looked at a crankcase diagram but its hard to see possible leak areas in the spot the leaks not bad but its driving crazy knowing its there....any ideas where this can be from

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a puddle on the floor cant pinpoint where the oils coming from but just did a change when installing slug kit the funny thing is oil is marking full. Did i overfill on oil?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not from oil change parked it at a buddies house and it leaked there. The day after oil was full so i went mudding in 4 ft of water should have washed off residual oil then parked it at home and under it again oil puddle size of a softball

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its also not coming from the wetclutch its more in the area of the dipstick

·
Registered
777 Posts
Pretty sure you have a cracked case. Get under the bike and look where the skid plate holes are by the oil drain plug. Viking cases have been cracking there because of four bolts coming loose in the motor.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seriously how many cases i will check in the morning but dont think thats the case. Is this casing side facing the front of the machine?

·
Registered
331 Posts
The dreaded middle drive gear drama!!! I thought the had all that under control after the rhinos, I had a 660 that did that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im really hoping this isnt my issue

·
Registered
777 Posts
Seriously how many cases i will check in the morning but dont think thats the case. Is this casing side facing the front of the machine?

Case on the dipstick side I believe. I hope it's not either but others I have seen have this reported same amounts of oil in the same spot. Case is about 700.00 I believe. Guys have been fixing it themselves. I heard there is a dispute with Yamaha over this.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sheesh. Had to take the little one to school in the morning will be tearing apart the viking to get a good look at the entire case and find the leak. Im worried to much forum reading lmao

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Sheesh. Had to take the little one to school in the morning will be tearing apart the viking to get a good look at the entire case and find the leak. Im worried to much forum reading lmao
Warranty?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did purchase the 5 year extended warranty but would have to remove my clutching, cATVOS lift and all the other crap I have on there

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going to have a good look at it today make sure I'm not cracked anywhere

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The crazy thing is that the oil level is fine if I were there to overfill where is the most likely place where it will be coming from

·
Registered
723 Posts
it doesn't take much oil on the floor to look like a lot. you could still be reading full on the dipstick for a good while before you notice a difference.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The crazy thing is that the oil level is fine if I were there to overfill where is the most likely place where it will be coming from

There's a uv dye for finding leaks, not really sure about using it in a sxs tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well case doesnt look cracked i degreased and pressure cleaned the engine so i have to wait to see any oil leaks and from where

The bottom is filthy

1 - 20 of 59 Posts