Viking Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went with a buddy yesterday to Hidden Falls Adventure Park near Marble Falls, TX yesterday and had a blast. We took his 2013 Ranger XP 900 and my Viking. He could smoke me on a straight run, but I got bragging rights on the trails/rocks. Both had stock tires. I had to winch him out a couple of times. The Viking really impressed me- this thing climbs like a mountain goat. There were several hills that were nearly vertical and I made it through everything we tried. The Ranger has a higher center of gravity and tended to lift up/tip easily. I've got some video I'll try to get loaded soon. The hills are a lot steeper than they look in the pics.

Last pic is from the top after making the climb.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Pics of me winching the Ranger

Pics of me getting ready to winch the Ranger-

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ranger Rollover

My buddy's Ranger on its side. This was a hill I had just gone up in the Viking. Lower center of gravity on the Viking really helps keep it grounded. The hill is way steeper than it looks and off camber. We used my winch to turn him over. No injuries. He broke a mirror and tail light lens, but otherwise just a few scratches. He popped the 1/2 windshield back on a was ready to go. Just wasn't his day. And later he got a sidewall puncture on front tire. Luckily we had a plug kit and compressor.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
312 Posts
" This is some crazy @#!5 but he's a doctor and can help himself!":D

That is FFFFUUUNNNYYYY!!!!! The commentary is almost as good as the video.

SAD - do you guy's ever make it up to Wolf Pen Gap in Arkansas? I've met a lot of folk's from the Dallas, Ft. Worth area there.

Thanks for the vid. great job driving as well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks like a blast !! Love seeing the viking perform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never been to Wolf Pen Gap. It's about 8 hrs to the Arkansas line from where I live, but would love to go. Bryan was cracking me up too. We climbed several other hills that were a lot harder, but I didn't get video. The memory was full on his phone, so we could only shoot video with mine.
I never heard or felt a belt slip and the Viking performed great no matter the obstacle. I was impressed with the machine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
We planning to head up there the 22nd of April.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
That was excellent. Tell your friend to not be such a puss next time. Vikings come with skidplates so you can use them!

Sent from the top of Poop Mountain

1 - 15 of 15 Posts