Viking Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is installed and was extremely easy. You dont even have to take off the tires. I have over 14" of clearance now and it lifted almost 2" exactly in the front and back. i will get the exact numbers and update this week. I love the look of it but it does ride alot stiffer. I also noticed that it has pulled the back axles slightly out of the housing. I know this is expected after adding a lift kit but it make me nervous. I could even see a little oil/grease on of them near the seal area. I may end up pulling it off. If I do it will be for sale on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks good. Another well designed kit from Highlifter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks great! After seeing your set up I'm sold on the camo, I especially like the fender flares. It adds a nice touch!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Looks great, another great mod out for the Viking!!, People over on the Rhino site are still bitchin cause they hate the Viking..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the before and after measurements. I jumped on the front and back to make sure the shocks has settled before re-measuring. Not bad for only having 26" tires (although they measure 27").

Front - 12-7/8" -> 15"
Back - 12-1/4" -> 14-1/2"

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, have you seen any grease coming out since you've put it on?
I only rode it once since I put it on and thats when I noticed it. I will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would double check to make sure the axles are pushed in all the way, there is only a c clip holding the where they need to be. I've seen it on four wheelers and if not fully seated you will shred the axle splines in the case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would double check to make sure the axles are pushed in all the way, there is only a c clip holding the where they need to be. I've seen it on four wheelers and if not fully seated you will shred the axle splines in the case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek::eek::eek:..

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm guessing the c-clip on the axle has come out of its groove in the differential. Easy thing to do would be to try and either give the cv joint a good solid push by hand or tap on it with a wooden drift and hammer. Another hammer handle works great for the wooden drift. The reason I say the wooden drift is because it's softer the cv housing and will fail first.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm guessing the c-clip on the axle has come out of its groove in the differential. Easy thing to do would be to try and either give the cv joint a good solid push by hand or tap on it with a wooden drift and hammer. Another hammer handle works great for the wooden drift. The reason I say the wooden drift is because it's softer the cv housing and will fail first.

Does yours have a gap like that also? I see you have a 2" lift also.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't think so but I'll check and let ya know.

Reactions: Quack addict
1 - 15 of 15 Posts