Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to pull the trigger on a new Viking. It will be our first side by side. Have quads, dirt bikes and trucks at our property. Believe it or not, it was my wife who suggested we get a side by side so she could follow me with our 2 year old son strapped in. I was stunned.

Our son loses his mind when there is a quad around and I think she was getting tired of holding him while taking him for endless rides. The plan is to strap a car seat in the Viking so he can watch me and my friends do stupid things on the bikes or trucks...

Of course, it will come in handy for me as well hauling wood and doing chores. Our property is purely for recreation, so I'm forever going around fixing things, cutting down trees and cleaning up trails. I have a feeling this is going to be a useful implement.

So far, I'm getting quotes on a green (has to match the Kodiak and Grizz) EPS Viking with front and rear bumper, winch and bed mat. Lowest price is just over $15000 CDN.

I'm looking forward to being part of this community and learning about our machines. I'm part of other outdoorsman and offroad type forums so I definitely know the value of shared knowledge!

Cheers!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome fellow Canadian? It too was my wife that suggest 8 years ago to get our Rhino. She didn't want to stare at the back of my head. Best fun money we spent as we use our s x s way more then we would have imagined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome, eh

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome. Where in Alberta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Picking mine up this Friday. Can't wait.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Loving mine so far.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Got about 11 miles on it. 6 were just put on tonight. Still loving it. Actually the Outlaws aren't that bad in the snow. Not great but not that bad. I can live with them.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Got about 11 miles on it. 6 were just put on tonight. Still loving it. Actually the Outlaws aren't that bad in the snow. Not great but not that bad. I can live with them.

Not bad, how deep and packed is the snow where you're at?

·
Registered
326 Posts
About a foot and no base to it which is weird this year.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Um...81 degrees here yesterday :D. Sounds great but we are in a serious drought...they are talking water rationing :(. Even have a brush fire going in east county :mad:.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The viking is awesome! Some folks complain about little stuff but we've made some mods that work great. Loads of room and plenty of power. Great on fuel. We are enjoying NS and NB in it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Um...81 degrees here yesterday :D. Sounds great but we are in a serious drought...they are talking water rationing :(. Even have a brush fire going in east county :mad:.
Wow, start importing some bottled water. Hope everything turns out ok. I know all to well how a fire can run on a landscape. Are they cutting fire breaks yet?

·
Registered
326 Posts
The viking is awesome! Some folks complain about little stuff but we've made some mods that work great. Loads of room and plenty of power. Great on fuel. We are enjoying NS and NB in it.
I agree 100%. So far I don't have a complaint, not even the noise....some people should have driven my old Rhino. That was LOUD!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The trigger has been pulled. Ended up going with a green, EPS unit. Front brush guard, rear bumper, Warn winch (synthetic) and bed mat. I won't get it for awhile though as our property is still snowed in. Just have to give the dealer a bit of notice and I can pick it up. Hopefully within a month.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts