Viking Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From NFLD Canada.Once a Rhino 660 guy ,sold it because of oil consumption,then 2 Polaris rangers and now I cant Handle the trouble anymore.I'm purchasing a Viking 2018 700 In the next week,but I would like to know what enclosure would be the best,there is alot, cant really afford the DFK hard enclosure $6000.00 here in Canada.I'm Looking at a middle of the row kit ,Can any one help is the fabric one from yamaha any good,I would like to get something that seals up a bit better,plus a good windshield.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Depends on what windshield you want with the enclosure and if you are able to have the full cap covered. If you have large attachment hardware for the windshield many enclosure's will not fit as they were planned. UTV Headquarters have a number of them, some with windshields included.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Go look at sidexsideenclosures.com. They have great customer service.

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

·
Registered
723 Posts
that Defender cab looks pretty sweet. I second BM's post though. they make a good enclosure, not great but it's gotten me by for the last three years. I run the factory Yamaha windshield. you will have as much if not more air coming in thru the e-brake handle and shift lever as anywhere. Yamaha really dropped the ball on these areas. also around the foot brake, gas pedal and steering wheel but not as bad.

·
Registered
432 Posts
welcome aboard,i had the defender cab doors and rear panel on my wolverine and the fit and finish was great.the doors do get scratched from the brush and don't have sliding windows,but you have the option of a sliding window in the back panel.no duties and shipping shouldn't be much for you and they are great to deal with.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to this plethora of information. We are up in northern Alberta, average temps in the -30s Celcius during winter. I just installed the sidebysideenclosure brand cab. Yes its a soft type, I think once it land here in Canada it was around $375 Canadian, it was on sale for 299 US. It has done me very well during hunting season as well as snow plowing the yard. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the plexi style windshield.
no matter how carefull you are, they scratch up to ****. Get the glass style if you can. As for the enclosure, I have had so many tree branches whack it or scrubb up against it during hunting season I was amazed it hasnt torn a hole in it yet. My back window did get a small hole rubbed through from my back rack, but not serious. All I use for my heater is a little Buddy propane heater, 12v fan on the dash for circulation. with all the extra "Ventilation" coming into the cab, we have no worries about gassing ourselves.
You can purchase a new one every 3rd year and still not reach the 2500 dollar mark.
Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Welcome to this plethora of information. We are up in northern Alberta, average temps in the -30s Celcius during winter. I just installed the sidebysideenclosure brand cab. Yes its a soft type, I think once it land here in Canada it was around $375 Canadian, it was on sale for 299 US. It has done me very well during hunting season as well as snow plowing the yard. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the plexi style windshield.
no matter how carefull you are, they scratch up to ****. Get the glass style if you can. As for the enclosure, I have had so many tree branches whack it or scrubb up against it during hunting season I was amazed it hasnt torn a hole in it yet. My back window did get a small hole rubbed through from my back rack, but not serious. All I use for my heater is a little Buddy propane heater, 12v fan on the dash for circulation. with all the extra "Ventilation" coming into the cab, we have no worries about gassing ourselves.
You can purchase a new one every 3rd year and still not reach the 2500 dollar mark.
Just my 2cents.
I totally agree. Their enclosures are great and customer service is awesome.

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just my 2cents.
Hi there!

I'm a relatively new viking owner, picked up a 2019 this year. I've added a number of things and looking for a soft cab as well. I'm in NS and wondering what your experience was with ordering from sxs enclosures and shipping to Canada? No issue with duty etc?

I contacted them myself, and despite being advised they ship to Canada all the time, they weren't all that helpful with current shipping details etc. Cheers.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
715 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I personally can’t help you, I haven’t put such an enclosure on my Viking. But I think you may get a better response from those who have by starting a new Thread because this one is 2 years plus old.

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
6,685 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts