Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which is better? Anybody have both to compare durability, looks, quality?
I want to so this to the bed but not sure which way to go.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I was gunna go get and do the herculiner yesterday but u haul dirt sometimes and i heard the dirt kinda like permanently gets stuck in it and always looks dirty

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
IMAG0242.jpg

I took mine to a Rhino liner dealer and for $150 (CDN) they sprayed it and it looks great!

Reactions: Anmetcalf

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went the herculiner route. Takes a little elbow grease, but happy with the results so far.

·
Registered
73 Posts
my line-x dealer told me $400 and that was with me removing the box. $150 and I would have done it instead of myself. I have the econo spray gun and it works. I sprayed both top and bottom. Don't know if it helps with sound or not, I would say yes, but it's not the end all of solutions. overall worth it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Both work fairly well, but the only bad thing I've heard about the drop in liner is that dirt and water can get stuck in between the bed and the liner. I would recommend the spray on liner.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I used an entire gallon of the Duplicolor with Kevlar in the bed of my Viking. It ended up nice and thick. It helps a lot to keep coolers from sliding around. I've had the best results when applying bed liner to the bottom of the cooler as well. Really stays put with bed liner on both.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called local line-x dealer and he said $4-500! Holy crap that seemed really high...so I ordered the monstaliner.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
i have no clue what brand my sprayin liner is, but my neighbor had it in his truck for 4-5 years, and the place has done it for many years. My Neighbor had no issues, and it still looked great, and im happy with it in the Viking, paid $175, lifetime warranty. I did check Rhino linings, etc, and like above all wanted 200+

·
Registered
30 Posts
Spring 2013 I bought a Rhino lining kit and applied it to the inside of a 15' aluminum boat my self. Talked to the fellow I sold it to and he says its holding up just fine. Cost was less than a hundred for a gallon. If you are doing just the inside of the Viking Bed they offer quarts for even less, which should be plenty.
Just a thought

1 - 12 of 12 Posts