Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put two coats of herculiner on all sides of bed, inside and out. Seems to have helped with dampening the tinny sound of bed, plus looks pretty good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Looks great, nice job

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Used a scotch pad on my drill to rough up everything then solvent clean then roll and brush on let dry apply another coat . 4 hrs approx not counting dry time about 1-2 hrs between coats. Next day put fenders back on!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buddy of mine had the gallon kit for 20$. Lucky! Only used like 1/2 gallon

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That looks awesome... nice job

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! ItTurned out better than expected. Almost paid for spray in. Glad i did this instead !

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ordered the kit yesterday. How hard is it to take off the fenders?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Super easy !! Flat tip screw driver to unscrew and remove plastic fasteners and 10mm wrench and allan wrench for tie downs in front And socket and wrench for rear ones. 10 minutes taking your time!!!

Reactions: leb337

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Nothin to it, All the plastics on the Viking are pretty easy to remove.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How easy is it to take off the whole box/bed? I would like to take the whole box/bed to my buddies shop, he is a spray-on bedliner dealer(LineX).

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Not real sure on removing the bed, you'd have to undo the shock, and maybe a pin that releases the bed, havent looked at it close. Welcome BTW.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I removed mine entirely to get sprayed. Remove fenders, and tailgate then unhook the wire harness at the back of the bed. Prop the bed up with a piece of wood and then remove the gas assist shock. Lastly remove the 2 pins. I was able to do it by myself but an extra set of hands does help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Super easy !! Flat tip screw driver to unscrew and remove plastic fasteners and 10mm wrench and allan wrench for tie downs in front And socket and wrench for rear ones. 10 minutes taking your time!!!

Did you have any issues getting the plastic on after? Did you cover or fill in the screw holes in the bed?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I removed mine entirely to get sprayed. Remove fenders, and tailgate then unhook the wire harness at the back of the bed. Prop the bed up with a piece of wood and then remove the gas assist shock. Lastly remove the 2 pins. I was able to do it by myself but an extra set of hands does help.

the bed is just held on with some bolts right?

·
Registered
215 Posts
The holes that are threaded they masked off. The holes that accept the plastic push pins they just sprayed over them. A couple I had to ream a bit as the fit was too tight. The plastic fenders went back on with no problems at all

The bed is fastened with two pins. You just remove the spring clips and tap them out. To remove the shock I tilted the bed fully up. Blocked it with a piece of wood. Removed the bolt from the shock attached to to the frame and then the spring clip that holds the knuckle to the bed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gregger
1 - 20 of 41 Posts