Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome aboard, thats a nice Viking you got there, i think you'll really enjoy it for years to come.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard!
Congrats on getting a viking, you'll love it. Have you been able to get in some good riding time as yet?
Well my Dad has a couple acres that I got to ride around for the first couple of days. However, my In-Laws, which live about an hour away from my Dad, have about 200 acres. It's mostly cow pastures but there is a good bit of woods and an 8 acre pond. So yes, I guess I have.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Lol was it planned our you just somehow ended up with one along the way?

welcome to the board ;)
I had no intention on buying one then. I had been interested in getting a SXS and there was a dealer that carried Polaris, Yamaha and Honda in Olive Branch, MS which is pretty close to my Dad. I just wanted to go look at each one in person.

I actually like the looks Kawasaki Teryx but I needed at least three seats and the four seat Kawi is more than I wanted to pay.

Honestly, I am not a Polaris fan but I wanted to at least look at them. I didn't care for how high you sit in the Honda but I do like the way they have the two extra seats in the back. It was pretty quiet, too. However, the honda guys did not want to come down on the MSRP (same owner but different building). The Yamaha guys took about a $1000 off. My local dealer doesn't usually deal too much either so it sounded pretty good to me.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I had no intention on buying one then. I had been interested in getting a SXS and there was a dealer that carried Polaris, Yamaha and Honda in Olive Branch, MS which is pretty close to my Dad. I just wanted to go look at each one in person.

I actually like the looks Kawasaki Teryx but I needed at least three seats and the four seat Kawi is more than I wanted to pay.

Honestly, I am not a Polaris fan but I wanted to at least look at them. I didn't care for how high you sit in the Honda but I do like the way they have the two extra seats in the back. It was pretty quiet, too. However, the honda guys did not want to come down on the MSRP (same owner but different building). The Yamaha guys took about a $1000 off. My local dealer doesn't usually deal too much either so it sounded pretty good to me.
At least you're open to other brands, I think thats the best thing to do if you really want to get something that really suits you. The Viking is just a good example of what Yamaha can do

·
Registered
268 Posts

Thats awesome so you got $1000 off? wow must be good at talking I am never lucky at getting the price down :(

Congrats!

·
Registered
290 Posts
hey MooMoo, welcome to the boards first off. Second did you upgrade to the EPS VIking with the $1000 off you got?

Any plans for yours?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey MooMoo, welcome to the boards first off. Second did you upgrade to the EPS VIking with the $1000 off you got?

Any plans for yours?
No, I did not. It was the only one they had and they wanted to move it. I think it drives just fine without it but it would probably be nice after a long day.

I plan to get an add on muffler from The Silent Rider to make it quieter. They hope to have them ready for production in about a month or so.

Then there is some protection for the front and rear. I will probably go with the Yamaha front guard but I have not decided if I want the Yamaha or EMP bumper. I like the EMP because of the tie-down loops.

Don't forget the winch. I have seen them at Tractor Supply for less than $200. Do you get what you pay for with them? Maybe I should go with the ones EMP offers.

I want to put some more lights on the front and maybe one or two facing rearward to light the box.

Finally, I need to decide on a gun mount. I like the roof mount but don't know if anything will fit the Viking, yet. Perhaps, I can remove the one from my ATV and figure out a way to mount it in the back.

If anyone has any ideas about any of these please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
290 Posts
No, I did not. It was the only one they had and they wanted to move it. I think it drives just fine without it but it would probably be nice after a long day.

I plan to get an add on muffler from The Silent Rider to make it quieter. They hope to have them ready for production in about a month or so.

Then there is some protection for the front and rear. I will probably go with the Yamaha front guard but I have not decided if I want the Yamaha or EMP bumper. I like the EMP because of the tie-down loops.

Don't forget the winch. I have seen them at Tractor Supply for less than $200. Do you get what you pay for with them? Maybe I should go with the ones EMP offers.

I want to put some more lights on the front and maybe one or two facing rearward to light the box.

Finally, I need to decide on a gun mount. I like the roof mount but don't know if anything will fit the Viking, yet. Perhaps, I can remove the one from my ATV and figure out a way to mount it in the back.

Thanks,
Chris
Oh yea very nice, sounds in line with what alot of us are looking for as well. Still waiting on Viking specific gun mounts for sure, I was thinking something similar as you said, mounting them in cab on the roof. I really like the mounts that stand vertically from the floor but the only problem is i think something like that would limit the use of the middle seat.

Keep us posted about the silencer BTW, really interested in one of those as well...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

Thanks,
Chris
First off Chris, welcome to the site.

Far as winch goes, atleast go with a Viper, from what ive heard and read on the forums, they make a great product, and have GREAT Customer Service.

I too, am planning on going with the Yamaha Brush Guards, from what another member said to me, they are make pretty strong.

I plan on putting some LED lights of some sort on the Brush Guard once i get it. Not sure if a Light bar will work, or if i'll have to get 2 sperate LED lights. Id prefer to get a light bar, like a 6" or so for it. But not sure if it'll fit n the guard.

Also, on the Silent Rider exhaust, i was also thinking of that, i emailed them earlier in the week and they replied that they where currently working on one for the Viking, and should be out soon, and would contact me once it was out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts