Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Viking about an hour ago and pick it up on Friday. I have been lurking on this forum for some time as I narrowed down my choices. It was between the Honda Pioneer 700-4 and the Yamaha Viking. In the end, I can deal with a little extra noise in order to gain a low gear. Looking forward to sharing the many highlights this new toy, ahem, I mean tool has to offer. I will post pics when its officially mine.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome from Texas, glad to have ya, look forward to seeing the pics. Congrads!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your new viking.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome from ohio

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on the new viking. once you take it for a ride you will know you made the right choice. dont forget to post pics when you get it

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just purchased a Viking about an hour ago and pick it up on Friday. I have been lurking on this forum for some time as I narrowed down my choices. It was between the Honda Pioneer 700-4 and the Yamaha Viking. In the end, I can deal with a little extra noise in order to gain a low gear. Looking forward to sharing the many highlights this new toy, ahem, I mean tool has to offer. I will post pics when its officially mine.
Just curious what dealer did you get it from and where in IL are you. Im from IL as well. Near DeKalb.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just curious what dealer did you get it from and where in IL are you. Im from IL as well. Near DeKalb.
I'm in Spring Grove Illinois (two minutes south of Wisconsin) I bought it at Nielsen Enterprises in Lake Villa Illinois. My sister lives in DeKalb.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool. Where do you plan on riding?
We do a trip to Hurley Wisconsin in October every year for their pumpkin run. The riding is mainly flat but some nice scenery. Plan to go to the Badlands in Attica Indiana, The Cliffs in Marseilles Illinois, The Cheese Trails in Monroe Wisconsin, Hatfield/McCoy, Ride Royal Blue, and Rocky Glen in Rockford Illinois if I'm really hard up. You?

·
Registered
275 Posts
We do a trip to Hurley Wisconsin in October every year for their pumpkin run. The riding is mainly flat but some nice scenery. Plan to go to the Badlands in Attica Indiana, The Cliffs in Marseilles Illinois, The Cheese Trails in Monroe Wisconsin, Hatfield/McCoy, Ride Royal Blue, and Rocky Glen in Rockford Illinois if I'm really hard up. You?
I do a lot of cheese country trail to get my fix otherwise I like going to Black River Falls. I was suppose to go the other weekend but they got dumped with rain and the trails closed.
What is Rocky Glen like? Ive been by there a bunch and always wondered what was going on in there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have never gone to Black River Falls. I always forget about that place.
Rocky Glen is so so. It's small and they really cater to the motocross. There are a few trails but I'm not sure a viking would fit down them. If you go after it rains, there are a few pretty good mud holes to play in but nothing spectacular. I go if I want a quick 1/2 day of fun and feel like getting muddy.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I ride at the cliffs a lot and love it there and we do a trip every year to the badlands-been going there for 15 years and love that place

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ride at the cliffs a lot and love it there and we do a trip every year to the badlands-been going there for 15 years and love that place
The badlands is a great time. We usually do a day of riding followed by camping. The cliffs is fun too. The only problem I find with that place is the concrete like mud. When i brought my Rhino out there it took me hours to get all that off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts