Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to contact Blue Wolf to buy the heat shields and he has not gotten back to me. Is anyone else making these for purchase?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
use heat wrap... it contains the heat within the pipe, heat shields absorb and retain heat unless you use some sort of actual heat reflectance material. I ran the idea by a few of the engineers at the firm I work for and they agreed

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I have tried to contact Blue Wolf to buy the heat shields and he has not gotten back to me. Is anyone else making these for purchase?
He rarely checks his PM's. I have an e-mail address for him...I'll try sending him a heads up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I already put the wrap on. By show of hands, who added the heat shields? Do they help or absorb heat?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
pics... its wrapped from the head bolts to the coupler where the exhaust goes together.. the diff is cool to the touch after an hour of riding... if you are going this route.. make sure the wrap is soaked in water for a few minutes so it can form to the pipe!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tmcelheny - thanks for the tip. I bought the same wrap as Viking2k14 a week ago, took your tip on getting it wet before applying. Was just wondering if going the extra step with the heat shields makes that much difference as many on the forum has done this. I will post pics of my baby next week once the many many mods are installed. LOVE THIS TOY!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tmcelheny - just noticed on your pics that you did not wrap the pipe from the header split to the muffler which I did. You should consider doing this.....

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
For what? Aint nothin over there the heat is gonna bother

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Where are you guys picking up your heat wrap?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts