Viking Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the gun racks in the mail today that I bought from Ultratec on this forum. Was a quick and easy install. I also mounted some rear LED work lights last week. Those took a little longer, but the fuse box and common ground I'd already put in the glove box when I mounted my light bar and winch made it a little easier. Almost ready for deer season. Just need some bigger tires.

Reactions: tmcelheny

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ditto on the Gun rack. I really like the placement and protection.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have my gun rack turned around the other way so the guns are easier to reach up and grab. You find it better to have them back over your head like that? I only tried it the one way.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my gun rack turned around the other way so the guns are easier to reach up and grab. You find it better to have them back over your head like that? I only tried it the one way.
I've got a 32 inch LED light bar mounted off the front roll bar so I pretty much had to mount the gun rack closer to the rear bar. I tried it the other way and it would have been tough getting the front gun into the rack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How much and where can I get this overhead gun rack? I have the 2014 Viking EPS in Camo, I think they are all standard widths on the roll cage.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
How much and where can I get this overhead gun rack? I have the 2014 Viking EPS in Camo, I think they are all standard widths on the roll cage.
Go to utv headquarters, good price on overhead gun racks, got mine there

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got mine today. $110 at UTV Head quarters

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Got the gun racks in the mail today that I bought from Ultratec on this forum. Was a quick and easy install. I also mounted some rear LED work lights last week. Those took a little longer, but the fuse box and common ground I'd already put in the glove box when I mounted my light bar and winch made it a little easier. Almost ready for deer season. Just need some bigger tires.

Seein them rear lights makes me wanna mount up a few.. Nice

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They put out a ton of light for the size and are really handy backing up or working in the bed at night. They were under $50 on Amazon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I would have mounted the lights closer to the bottom edge of the roof and possibly from the inside pointing back if you could get them positioned that way. In I had some mounted that way on my Rhino I would have went through many many replacements. Slid the roof under way to much since '07. Nice setup tho, if you stay out of low hanging areas they should last years if they can stand up to the shaking and jolting. Also mounted where they are I know they would have been taken out a few years back from a dead-head that fell out of a tree on one ride down in TN. Thank god I had a roof on, but behind me said it was crazy to watch, squatted the suspension a bit and scared the crap out of me, about 6-8" across and 6ft long! Sidetracked a little but the location of the lights triggered the memory.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live near San Antonio and most of my riding will be around the neighborhood or at the deer lease- a 6000 acre ranch in the brush country near Laredo. Probably not a tree over 12 feet tall on the whole place. Mostly will be on gravel roads, gas pipelines, and roller chopped areas. I don't think that branches will be an issue for me, but I did put the front light bar under the roof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts