Viking Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Ive had mine since i bought my viking and it has never rattled. Maybe somethings wrong with yours? You fixed it so i guess it doesnt matter

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
For the price of the console they should be 100% waterproof. I mean how much extra would it have cost to throw some kind of seal into the design??

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yep, thats it. I really like mine. Holds all my essential stuff. Flashlights, winch controller, koozies, sunglasses, gloves, tire pressure guage, snacks, just stuff that i use on a regular basis

Reactions: KBoyd722

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
Yep, thats it. I really like mine. Holds all my essential stuff. Flashlights, winch controller, koozies, sunglasses, gloves, tire pressure guage, snacks, just stuff that i use on a regular basis
No beer, geez, I guess that's in the back, only problem is you have to stop to get one!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I suppose you could put ice in it but unless you insulated it in some waterproof way on the inside it would not last. It would be like using a home depot bucket for a cooler.

I am going to figure out how to insulate the inside for dry use and when my $13 in electronic parts show up I will install them. On the inside there will be a small heatsink (coldsink?) with a small computer fan attached to circulate the cold air. On the outside will be a larger heatsink and fan to get rid of the heat. I picked up a $3 12V 10A plug with a switch on it that will plug into the cigarette lighter outlet. I also have a $4 digital thermometer that I will install so you know how cold it gets. All the electronics came in around $20.

How'd this project come out?
We need an update and pics

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
How'd this project come out?
We need an update and pics
I did finally get my cooling components and center console but the project has fallen in priority because of work, lawn & garden care, horses, zen den, etc... I did take a quick look at where I could mount the cooling components in a way they would be protected from damage but haven't had the time to dry fit anything. If I find that the center console can't be used, I am considering installing the cooling components in the glove compartment.

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
257 Posts
Hey @BadM0nkey - just came across this ancient thread. Did you ever get your console cooler project completed? I'm toying with the idea of a console for part-time use. Not likely to make it a cooler/refrige but just curious.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
It is hard to believe that I remember from 2015 but I could not get it to work. The components I bought simply could not keep it cool enough on a hot day. I suggest Ice.

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
257 Posts
It is hard to believe that I remember from 2015 but I could not get it to work. The components I bought simply could not keep it cool enough on a hot day. I suggest Ice.
Thanks for the reply and I certainly understand the issue. A $6 cooler from Walmart will easily take care of my "sammiches" but I found that thread fun! I don't really need a console since much of the time, I need the middle seat. I keep trying to justify it by saying "The Mrs. never wants to go anyway..." so I thought maybe I'd piss away another $150 on something I really like. 😁

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Well I ditched out my center seat and seat back a long time ago and put in some nice YXZ seats and the center console which has gotten a LOT of use. I have a fire extinguisher hanging on the seat frame behind the console just in case I come across a Polaris on the trail.

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
The consoles are great, they are a 2 minute install and come in super handy, they also have great arm rests on them for both driver and passenger

41 - 53 of 53 Posts