3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Lookin good fellas

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
View attachment 6129

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I am opening an old thread but it is hard to tell exactly how big the storage compartment is. How many 12 oz cans would it comfortably hold? Would it take 20 oz cans?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No idea, lol. I just keep gloves, winch remote, and other stuff in mine., and still have alot of room in there.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
How many 12 oz cans would it comfortably hold? Would it take 20 oz cans?/QUOTE]

I'll check on that tonight for you.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Badmonkey,

I was able to fit (40) 12 oz. cans in the console leaving some voids for ice. Maybe you could squeeze in a few more depending on how you packed it or a few less if you added more ice. So with the two molded in holders and the 4 in the ole Vike your looking at approximately 46 beers.

Two guys + 1 tank of gas = 23 beers per trip ea. That sounds about right.

But its' not insulated, so on a hot day you'd have to drink fast or end up with warm beer.

Attachments

Reactions: mjn

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Badmonkey,

I was able to fit (40) 12 oz. cans in the console leaving some voids for ice. Maybe you could squeeze in a few more depending on how you packed it or a few less if you added more ice. So with the two molded in holders and the 4 in the ole Vike your looking at approximately 46 beers.

Two guys + 1 tank of gas = 23 beers per trip ea. That sounds about right.

But its' not insulated, so on a hot day you'd have to drink fast or end up with warm beer.
I have to say both THANKS and WOW! I would have never guessed from the pictures I was able to find that you would be able to fit anywhere near that much inside. I am now able to begin on my next 'special project'. Since I have the extended warranty, I really cannot make any engine or drive train mods so ...

I am putting a center console on my wish list for Father's day.

Soon as it arrives I am going to convert it to a 12V electric cooler. I just ordered all the key parts, including a nifty digital thermometer from Ebay for $20. They should be here in plenty of time.

I am not sure yet if I will wire it from below or just plug it into the 12v outlet. I should be able to get it to keep things cold to maybe 40 Degrees below ambient temperature. A 50 degree beer still tastes pretty refreshing at 90 degrees ambient. At 80 degrees it would be perfect.

>:)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Very cool (no pun intended). Keep us updated with pics.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Thats a great idea!! Sure would save time stopping and walking all the way to the bed of the viking for a beer

Reactions: KBoyd722

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I dont know why Yamaha doesn't make them that way to begin with.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Its almost like they dont want us drinking and driving. Thats just f***d up

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I dont know why Yamaha doesn't make them that way to begin with.
I'm glad they dont because of my kids. There is either two girls or two boys wanting to go ride all the time. If it wasn't for them, I'd be all over getting a console though!

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Yes keep us informed with console cooler build progress and pics.
FYI my wife bought me a center console as a surprise. I have already received the cool digital thermometer from China but I am still waiting for my Peltier device, heat sinks and fans.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Would you be able to put ice inside the console with what you have planned? Maybe with your idea and some ice thrown in too you could really keep them cold ! Just thinking out loud as I have no idea what you have planned for it.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Would you be able to put ice inside the console with what you have planned? Maybe with your idea and some ice thrown in too you could really keep them cold ! Just thinking out loud as I have no idea what you have planned for it.
I suppose you could put ice in it but unless you insulated it in some waterproof way on the inside it would not last. It would be like using a home depot bucket for a cooler.

I am going to figure out how to insulate the inside for dry use and when my $13 in electronic parts show up I will install them. On the inside there will be a small heatsink (coldsink?) with a small computer fan attached to circulate the cold air. On the outside will be a larger heatsink and fan to get rid of the heat. I picked up a $3 12V 10A plug with a switch on it that will plug into the cigarette lighter outlet. I also have a $4 digital thermometer that I will install so you know how cold it gets. All the electronics came in around $20.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Why not just go to a trk stop and buy a 12 volt plug in cooler ready made, and they are already insulated

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5....and a lenght of string
What is the fun in that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put one on my 2015. Love the console but... when it's shut it rattles because of design. I got the "furry side" of a piece of Velcro and put pieces on the top and the bottom where it makes contact when latched and it solved the problem.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts