It is crazy bright.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Can't miss that going down the trail!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
those whips r pretty cool.ive never seen anyone wer we live use them. that one looks exceptionally bright.it looks like yodas light saber

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I updated the whip mount yesterday to make it easier to get in and out of the garage. I ordered a folding mount from Amazon for $18. When it came I noticed that it was not new but used and complained to Amazon. They immediately credited the full amount to my account and told me to keep the mount. Amazon rocks.

I can put the whip up and down from the driver's seat and it is not taking the beating that it would if I took it off every time I had to pull into the garage. I put the two rubber donuts that came with the whip (to hold a flag in place) in strategic locations to protect it from the roof and tailgate when up and down. The dump bed clears the mount by about 1/4" when dumping.

All these pics are in my album. I hope they come through OK.

Reactions: aronsrb

·
Registered
963 Posts
I updated the whip mount yesterday to make it easier to get in and out of the garage. I ordered a folding mount from Amazon for $18. When it came I noticed that it was not new but used and complained to Amazon. They immediately credited the full amount to my account and told me to keep the mount. Amazon rocks.

I can put the whip up and down from the driver's seat and it is not taking the beating that it would if I took it off every time I had to pull into the garage. I put the two rubber donuts that came with the whip (to hold a flag in place) in strategic locations to protect it from the roof and tailgate when up and down. The dump bed clears the mount by about 1/4" when dumping.

All these pics are in my album. I hope they come through OK.
Looks awesome

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
963 Posts
I do, I use a bungee to hold my whip down to put it in the garage. I loop it around the whip and hook it to the tailgate latch

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried tucking it under the roof, which worked ok, except I could tell that it would have stayed bent if I left it overnight.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I moved mine from the viking to my 400ex this weekend

Got them both nice and muddy

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the color coordinated Viking, Quad, Trailer and Whip. Trailer is nice, 16x6?

·
Registered
15 Posts
badM0nkey, can you post a link for the folding mount on here? I am looking on Amazon, but can't seem to find it. Looking to get a set of those. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
badM0nkey, can you post a link for the folding mount on here? I am looking on Amazon, but can't seem to find it. Looking to get a set of those. Thanks!
Does this one work: Flagstaff Tab Mount Bracket Fold-Down Billet (Pack of 1): Science Lab Safety Flags: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I attached it to the mounting tab that Aronsrb had identified. I think we both have some of those left over. If you want one PM your address and I will stick one in the mail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks a lot! I have some aluminum stock lying around so I'm just going to copy your tab design and mounting location. Thanks for the great ideas.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I like the color coordinated Viking, Quad, Trailer and Whip. Trailer is nice, 16x6?
Thanks, believe it or not it was not intentional but I like it to. Btw the trailer is 16x7

·
Registered
53 Posts

Thanks for the idea guys. I did mine the same way!

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't load your image...

·
Registered
53 Posts
hmm. i can see it with my chromebook.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts