Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, been a while since I last posted on here, and my rebuild of the factory muffler turned out ok, but was a little on the loud side when I was riding my little one around. So, I'm complely starting fresh. I purchased a round body, magnaflow muffler, and a magnaflow high flow cat. Let's see what happens in the weeks to come

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Hey, I remember you, lol.

Look foward to seeing how this goes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, after much effort and almost a loss of an extremity its finished. I installed the 10" magnaflow cat, and my 4" around, 16" long magnaflow muffler. I started it up and it was still pretty harsh sound. I loved how it sounded hands down it was the best I had ever heard my Viking but that wasn't the direction I wanted due to my small child doing a lot of riding with me. So, I installed a few home made baffles. This is when my I had my injury. I was using a drill press to drill holes in my baffle when the baffle got lodged with the drill bit and it sucked my hand into the press. With all that, I still say that what I done was worth it. I wish I had a flow bench here because I could give you data that my system outflows the factory. MY whole system is 1.75" and the cat and muffler is 2". The baffles is my largest restriction and its still 1.50" Pics to come

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Glad you didn't lose a hand!!! wow.

Hope to see and hear a Video of it soon, to hear how it sounds now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds cool but too bad it didn't quiet it down after all that work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds cool but too bad it didn't quiet it down after all that work.
Yes, I wish that just the muffler and the cat was the total solution, however with the baffles installed its very quiet, I have watched some of the vids of the silent rider added on mufflers, and I think mine is now comparable to one of those setups. Like I said earlier, I wish I could take my system and the factory muffler and do a flow bench test to see exactly where I am at in terms of performance and flow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts