Viking Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Few guys have voiced concern over not being able to fully dump the bed with Silent Rider exhaust and the Yamaha rear grab bar. Silent Rider recommends hacking up the rear bar mounting bracket but it's already quite flimsy so that wasn't a option for me.

Turns out the bed will dump about 41 degrees with the exhaust and 44 without it but I decided to come up with a solution anyway. Upon inspection I noticed that the contact was actually with the muffler heat shield and not the muffler itself.

Solution cut the heat shield off that has a huge gap between it and the muffler and weld it back on with a smaller gap. Result is a bed that once again dumps to 44 degrees. I am sure the shield gets much hotter than it did before but I ain't planning on touching it. Maybe it needs a warning decal that says hot(insert eye roll here).

Pictures show angle before/after and heat shield before/after. Muffler is currently hanging from the rafters with a fresh coat of BBQ paint on it so no final install picture but you get the idea.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Paint is dry. Looks just the same as before just better dumping clearance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts