Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am becoming more and more interested in your product. I like the idea of lower end power and higher top speeds. doesn't need to be RZR fast, but a bit more would be great. What other mods would your recommend with your sheave, and which programer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am becoming more and more interested in your product. I like the idea of lower end power and higher top speeds. doesn't need to be RZR fast, but a bit more would be great. What other mods would your recommend with your sheave, and which programer.
No other mods unless you want it. Only other one we have at this time is the Power Commander V and presently it would only offer a few more MPH so I personally don't think it has value when just doing the two. The sheave is the best value by far.

Todd

·
Registered
139 Posts
No other mods unless you want it. Only other one we have at this time is the Power Commander V and presently it would only offer a few more MPH so I personally don't think it has value when just doing the two. The sheave is the best value by far.

Todd
Todd,

The Viking ran up to 51mph and felt as if it was governed at that speed, it would sort of cut in and out. I could not get any more speed out of it, even though it felt like it had more to give. I was hoping the programer would not limit the motor and would provide a bit more speed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd,

The Viking ran up to 51mph and felt as if it was governed at that speed, it would sort of cut in and out. I could not get any more speed out of it, even though it felt like it had more to give. I was hoping the programer would not limit the motor and would provide a bit more speed.
Did you go to our site and look at the sheave and read the tech article on it?

We got 55 with just sheave.

BTW it is governed at that speed in stock form

Todd

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Todd,

I would be interesting to know what RPM you are turning at this speed? How much is left before you redline?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be interesting to know what RPM you are turning at this speed? How much is left before you redline?
LOL, are you guys not reading the tech article?

Just kidding of course but it is all there.

here is the part about RPM

High Range: Stock Rev limter is 7000 RPM at 50mph now with sheave 50mph is running 6300RPM and 7000 at 55mph. That is why it makes it run quieter and uses less gas.

With Power Commander only I was running 56mph at 7700 RPM, which was screaming at me, add the sheave it dropped to 7300rpm at 58 mph. The fact that it is running 7300 RPM means it has another 700RPM to go before hitting the 8000 limiter in the PCV so if you had enough power to push it with some mods then it has potential of about 65mph.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
That's kinda what I was thinking. If you could rev it higher...it would go faster. BUT...it might sound as if it was going to come apart.

More speed at top end w/lower RPM seems the way to go. This mod also seems to have benefits at slow speeds as well. "Interesting...may have to put this on my list." :eek:

Getting to be a LOOOOOONG list! :confused:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's kinda what I was thinking. If you could rev it higher...it would go faster. BUT...it might sound as if it was going to come apart.

More speed at top end w/lower RPM seems the way to go. This mod also seems to have benefits at slow speeds as well. "Interesting...may have to put this on my list." :eek:

Getting to be a LOOOOOONG list! :confused:
This is nothing new to us, been doing this on a Rhino since 05.

The sheave is the best mod you can do because of what it offers, better low, mid and high.

The ignition just lets you rev faster.

Todd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts