Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got burned so I thought I would share. I use my Viking a lot in the winter for ice fishing. Had it out on a weekend where it was warm and rainy. Took it out the next weekend, loaded it up and got out on the ice fine. Was a cold day, around 0 degrees. Got in to move spots and it would turn over but wouldn’t start. Noticed the fuel pump wasn’t engaging. Long story short, it was a frozen fuel pump relay. Had I known at the time which one it was, could have warmed it up and put it back in. The 3 relays on the left of the machine, it’s the middle relay. Replaced it with a solid state relay. Hope this helps anyone else that may get frost bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
Yeah I think that that was a common problem with them, I think maybe Yamaha even issued a notice about it???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, Good time Charlie here, I have a 14 Viking with EPS, my rad fan stopped working, noticed it after snow plowing on a 31f day. I pulled fan out and jumped it works perfect its never been submerged, and rad is clean of mud. Check fuse its good, so I bought some relays but cant figure out which one is for the fan motor? Can any one tell me which position on left or right side of relay block is for the fan?

Thanks GTC

p.s. I used to be on VikingForum.net its been awhile
My machine is stock except 14' rims and swap lites, custom vinyl doors, and moose plow will add pics to profile later.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
333 Posts
Welcome to the Viking forum. I’m not sure which one is the fan relay, but just type the word “fan” into the search box and you will find all kinds of information on the Radiator fan. Also go to the link below for service manual download and you will have another way to find it and much more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the Viking forum. I’m not sure which one is the fan relay, but just type the word “fan” into the search box and you will find all kinds of information on the Radiator fan. Also go to the link below for service manual download and you will have another way to find it and much more.

Thanks Sportx4 hope this ends up being the fix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts