Viking Forum banner

Fuel Injector Pigtail

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Frosty 
#1 ·
Last winter I had my machine die on me, turns out there was a broken wire going into the fuel injector plug. A ******* fix had me going for quite some time. Yesterday I fired the machine up in prep for getting the plow ready and it died it a familiar way.

Without checking the dash for an error code, I'm almost positive the ghetto fix let loose. It's time to look into sourcing a replacement pig tail. There is no OEM Yamaha part number and a quick internet search doesn't turn one up.

Does anyone know where a guy can find a replacement pig tail?

Thanks

#2 ·
PS - I found my old thread but instead of reviving I believe I've answered the questions from before above.. I would also add that I work for my country's largest Yamaha ATV dealer network. But they don't dig deep for parts, namely OEM. There is no OEM replacement.

#3 ·
That stinks that they don’t have a replacement.
You will probably need to try and find one from a salvage yard like “Powersports Nation” or splice new wires In again

#4 ·
Do you have any Toyota Dealers close by ? Nissan or Mazda would work too . They have brand specific terminal kits in the parts dept if you can just take your broken terminal into them I’m pretty sure you could rig up at least a new terminal and have them crimp a new wire on there for you , that would snap back into your existing connector . I worked on those brands for years as a dealer tech and have had Yamahas my whole life , the terminals and connectors are pretty much the same . I’ve been down this same road with some old Secas and Fzx 700s . I could pretty much match any terminal up to those kits . Worth a try if you can’t find a used harness . There is aplastic insert in your connector , remove it with a small pocket screwdriver , then you will see a small tab holding your terminal in , just gently pull it down and then remove that specific terminal . It will be one of three common terminals everyone uses for injector connectors . Fixed a buddies Grizzly 700 that way , I doubt there is much difference . Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.