Viking Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1611800973648.png

I pulled this picture from the archives for reference only.

I am having issues with my fuel gauge, On mine the 3/4 full bar is blank and also part of the zero not lighting up either, before someone says "oh, its not working" Im asking if anyone know if it actually can be repaired. Is there a way to take this apart and replace any lights inside the unit, or is it toast. Also, I have a line on a used replacement, and am curious, if I were to use a used unit, will my computer bring up my actual mileage and hours, or will it hold the old mileage/hours from the wrecked unit it came off of ????

I just realized that I started this question in another post, but since then I have done a lot more diagnostics, and have narrowed it done to the cluster itself.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
No possible to repair a liquid crystal display.

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
What BadMonkey said...”not repairable” for your second question about your mileage, it depends on where the memory is stored. More than likely it is stored in the display and you will loose your actual mileage information and will have what ever the used unit has on it going forward.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Highly doubtful a dealer could program one for you either because if they could then they would have the ability to rollback odometers on used machines and resell them at a higher profit. But they would know where the mileage is stored, computer or the display

·
Super Moderator
4,375 Posts
Mileage would be stored in the computer wouldn't it, otherwise we'd all be whacking a new display in 6 months before we sell it?

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Mileage would be stored in the computer wouldn't it, otherwise we'd all be whacking a new display in 6 months before we sell it?
Yah I was surprised to see that it is only $276 new from Yamaha....Computer much more of course.
Meter Assy
1XP-83500-00-00
$275.99

Engine Control Unit Assy
B42-8591A-20-00
$743.99

Reactions: cactus

·
Super Moderator
4,375 Posts
^^^^ That's cheap for the meter alright.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah I was surprised to see that it is only $276 new from Yamaha....Computer much more of course.
Meter Assy
1XP-83500-00-00
$275.99

Engine Control Unit Assy
B42-8591A-20-00
$743.99
I am assuming that you are not living near Edmonton AB, Canada, as I was quoted from Yami dealer around 500 for the speedo head.
So I have just succumbed to not knowing exactly how much gas I have, until its in the important zone. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am assuming that you are not living near Edmonton AB, Canada, as I was quoted from Yami dealer around 500 for the speedo head.
So I have just succumbed to not knowing exactly how much gas I have, until its in the important zone. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Maybe Ill just wait until our Can. dollar mirrors the US dollar, and have somebody from there ship one up.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Yup USA prices. Oh well

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Maybe Ill just wait until our Can. dollar mirrors the US dollar, and have somebody from there ship one up.
Give it 2 to 4 years max. Your wish will be fulfilled. Our dollar will be like the Venezuelan Bolívar. That speedo will cost 1,732,879.00 dollars or 500 Canadadian dollars.

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Yup...thank you Joe Biteme

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup...thank you Joe Biteme
Glad to see we are both on the same page, as he has already FKd us here. I work in O&G, so far, he's been a real donkey. Now you just will have to rebuild the highways and rail roads to supply what they need down south, good times to come. But, Buffet should make up the loss on his rail lines, I'm sure. :mad::mad::ROFLMAO:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts