Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with this self isolating, and corona virus running amuck on us, I thought I may as well tackle a problem with the work horse.

1. For about a month now, my fuel gauge only reads 1/4,full or empty, depends on how you look at things. Today I filled it to the top, and it still reads 1/4, there are no flashing lights indicating problems, I had read about someone having issues and such. So I removed the 2 passenger seats, pulled off the tank cover to see if maybe I had a mouse problem(we just moved out to an acreage). All wiring is in tact with no visible problems. I unplugged the fuel pump/sending unit, and cycled the key back on...yes , the gauge cluster was flashing, but the fuel gauge still reads the same. Has anyone out there had this type of issue before? First I thought, oh crap, I'll need a new pump, but with the pump unplugged, the fuel gauge still reads the same with no electrical signal from the sending unit. Are there any little light bulbs inside the digital gauge cluster that can be replaced ?? Or, do I need to get a new digital gauge cluster.

2. Any word on when or IF, our vikings will get the 850 twin?

·
Super Moderator
4,132 Posts
Have you had any luck with this? You need to get the sender unit and move it up and down to see if the levels change. If they don't the sender could be faulty. No light bulbs in the cluster only LEDs. I doubt you need a new cluster.

·
Registered
327 Posts
some of the older floats used to get a hole in them causing the sending unit not to work as it would fill up and sit on emty.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well. Update...I took the sending unit out, moved it about, which did change the red out in the cluster, empty/ full and so on.
Have deducted the problem is the little 3/4 full indicator block in the cluster fuel gauge area, It reads full, 1/2,1/4 and Empty, so, I really dont need to know that my tank is 3/4full, as long as i know that its almost empty...I have the anal glaucoma(can't see my ass doing that) when it comes to buying a new one. So ;);)

·
Super Moderator
4,132 Posts
So it works fine just the 3/4 indicator is missing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts