Viking Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone, other than me, had issues with the front plastic skid plate?

I hit the snowbank and high centered my Viking, in 2 wheel drive, hit 4x4 and backed out. It folded the back of the skid plate forward. Put a nice bend in it.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I crawled under and put 2 aluminum tabs, one on each back corner, on it to hold it up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I noticed when mine was new and I was checking things out that the rear part of mine was not secured and hanging down somewhat. Thought it was missing screws and so found some I thought would fit and crawled under with flashlight. Found out bolts that hold it up were broken off in the holes for them. Must have happened when they were making it and they just let it go. Anyway dealer had service dept. drill out the broken ones and replace. Haven't had any issues since.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just went under mine and I see that the rear bolts are way in front of the back of the skid. I'm thinking about some self tapping screws on the back corners. How did you fasten yours?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cut out 2 rectangles of aluminum and used 1/4" bolts amd lock nuts in a couple of holes that were already there. I will post a couple of pics later.
It almost looks like nothing supports the back 10" of this skid plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts