Viking Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished building a front rack for the Viking. I will only use this on hunting trips so I made it with hitch pins for an easy on and off. To save some time and cost I purchased a cargo rack at Harbor Freight for $44.00. Removed the 2" center portion that goes into a trucks receiver and welded the two pieces together. Fabricated attachment points and bracing. If I need to get into the battery area all I have to do is remove the two top pins and it then pivots over the front bumper and out of the way.

Total weight is around 22 lbs. It should handle a large deer or large pig without any problem. Or animal can go in the bed and all our gear up front.
Put my bow holder on the front and will add a rifle/bow holder or two to the top of the rack.

Working by myself so one of the photos shows how I had to lace it up to a day shade to level it for tacking some welds on.

Hunting season can't get here soon enough!!! The Viking needs some blood on it......

Attachments

Reactions: bosssmannn

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very Nice!!!

Nice Bowtech. I shoot a Bowtech Invasion CPX
Started with a Jennings in 1974 then years with PSE, then Mathews and now Bowtech. I have the Invasion CPX as well. Best bow to shoot for me so far. Lots of great bows out there. This one just felt so good in the hand, perfect valley and smooth at release. Hope to bag a nice buck to throw on that cargo rack!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
NICE, I didn't even think of doing that, I just figured I'd buy a trailer to pull behind for all the extras

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
What kind of stuff are you going to put in there? I'm curious because it looks like if you put much in that front rack your vision would be pretty severely impaired.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of stuff are you going to put in there? I'm curious because it looks like if you put much in that front rack your vision would be pretty severely impaired.
I put my day pack in it and strapped my bow on top and took a spin around my property and I could see ok with no issue. This would be the same height of obstruction if I strapped a deer or hog across the rack. It might brother some but didn't brother me. Besides I would only be using it after killing a critter to get it back to camp. When hunting with three inside the Viking I think I will like the extra cargo space:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks great. Just bought the Carbon Knight by Bowtech. Now we all need to post some pictures of our kills this coming season.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I put my day pack in it and strapped my bow on top and took a spin around my property and I could see ok with no issue. This would be the same height of obstruction if I strapped a deer or hog across the rack. It might brother some but didn't brother me. Besides I would only be using it after killing a critter to get it back to camp. When hunting with three inside the Viking I think I will like the extra cargo space:)
That all makes sense. You should show us a pic of the rack with some stuff in it just so we can see what it all looks like.

Thanks for the response. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts