Viking Forum banner

Front A arm bushings have play.

3K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  Pairofhounds 
#1 ·
Ordered new bushings for 2015 VI. They are one piece oem. The existing bushings are 3 piece that come in from either side with a pin so apparently they've been replaced already with aftermarket?? Is it possible to replace with oem without a press? Or do I need to go back with aftermarket?

#2 ·
I thought that the original were 3 piece, can you put photos up? And I doubt you'd need a press.

#4 ·
If you have the entire A arm off and need a press I would believe you could use a vise to press them in.

#5 ·
To me the first photo is the correct ones, those second ones look weird. Are they really that expensive?

#7 ·
Thoroughly investigated and there's no way possible that the factory yamaha bushings will fit it these a arm slots. Perhaps aftermarket A arms??? Yamaha parts guy verified the one piece design is factory... said to grease and beat in with rubber mallet... yeah right! They are 1/4" too big and rubber is crazy stiff

#8 ·
Salt water by the look. Yeah those one piece ones will be a nightmare to get in!

#10 ·
They are after market high clearance A arms, I can't remember who makes them. THAT'S why your bushes are different. You'll most likely have to go to the manufacturer for the correct bushes, do a search on here or someone else will know more, others have had them.

Reactions: bd_skrillz
#11 ·
Maybe they are SuperAtv a arms. Look on their website and SXS stuff website. You may find them there. SuperATV posts here frequently shoot them a PM or call them directly they can probably help you. Or order oem arms and put it back to stock.

#12 · (Edited)
Reactions: SuperATV
#15 ·
Wow 32" on a Viking, no wonder they needed to lift it. Must be some clutch work on it also to help turn them because they will rob a lot of power. Rear A arms like that also?

#20 ·
Yes I think you're right, that's the name I was trying to think of.

#23 ·
FYI, they will probably be closed on Monday too. Most businesses will be recognizing Christmas that day.

#26 ·
At some point, you will likely need to buy new a-arms. Run the catvos thing down first though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.