Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any input on which shock setup to go with? I did a search on here but most of the posts are from years ago. The dealership here has the Fox shocks in stock. Are the others any better in terms of ride quality, worth the 4-6 week wait? I am trying to get a smoother ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,233 Posts
I always thought the Elka's were the best, but as you said that was years ago and things may have changed.

·
Super Moderator
4,233 Posts
Ironhide got the Elka's. He probably hasn't got them yet but no doubt he'll let us know how they ride when he does.

·
Registered
997 Posts
^for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have the 814 shocks and they are amazing! My dad has the fox shocks on his Viking VI and they aren’t that great and not adjustable. They barely feel better than stock. I thought about Elka but they are so expensive and couldn’t find good reviews. Go to the 814 Facebook page there are some great reviews and I agree with all of them. You won’t regret it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 814 shocks and they are amazing! My dad has the fox shocks on his Viking VI and they aren’t that great and not adjustable. They barely feel better than stock. I thought about Elka but they are so expensive and couldn’t find good reviews. Go to the 814 Facebook page there are some great reviews and I agree with all of them. You won’t regret it!
Are you running these with the 2 inch lift kit installed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I am, it’s a highlifter 2”. The 814s gave me probably an extra 1.5 at the standard preload setting but you can set preload more if you want to get more height. It’s been working great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have any input on which shock setup to go with? I did a search on here but most of the posts are from years ago. The dealership here has the Fox shocks in stock. Are the others any better in terms of ride quality, worth the 4-6 week wait? I am trying to get a smoother ride.
Currently looking at getting some Elka shocks for the rear suspension. Either Stage 2 or Stage 3.

·
Registered
997 Posts

If you can afford them. Damn sexy bit of gear. Cheers

Reactions: Gregger

·
Registered
997 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,233 Posts

If you can afford them. Damn sexy bit of gear. Cheers

Sweet, what's that PVC snorkel in the background??

·
Registered
997 Posts
One of my 2 engine intake snorkels to the air box. Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts